chapter 5.) the horrible morning

I woke up to the sound of the train nearby. I moved over to see Roger's beautiful black locks against the pillow. I held his hand as his aqua turquoise blue eyes stare at me. He smiles as I make a cheeky smile.
"Good morning" he cooed
"good morning" I whisper
I felt a bit light headed, Roger seemed like he was already awake before I was, or just about to collapse. He catches me.

I went back to my hotel room and changed quickly. Someone knocked on my bedroom door, it was my mom
"hey hun, I've uh got some bad news to tell you and I- i- dont know how to put this to you"
"go ahead ma, I'm here"
"I'm dying. I've only got a few hours to live and your dad was just drafted into the military in Vietnam"
"really? oh um um" I was speechless, that my own mother had told me the horrible news.
"I'm sorry love. Just know that I'll always love you from above" as she heads back to her bedroom with the IV monitor
I hug her and cry in her arms. Which would be the last time I hugged my own mother.
As she lays in bed, the monitor beeped quickly and her nurse came in.
She's died.
I leave the room as the nurse called paramedics for the ambulance service.
My dad was packing up to go to the military. He left and I was 𝑎𝑙𝑜𝑛𝑒.
Alone, that miserable word. I sit on the floor as both of my parents were now gone.
I was 23 at that time, I had to grow up eventually.

I went back to Roger's room. I walk over to him in tears silently telling him what had happened in a matter of half an hour.
Roger comforted me and stroked my face and hair. As I whimpered with sadness, I finally calmed down and fell asleep. I used his arms as a safety belt and slept on him.

After I woke up, me and Roger planned on renting a condo/apartment.  I was depressed again.
Roger looked at me, as my head was down.
"Love , will you be ok? I hate to see you sad" he tells me to encourage me to be a little happier.
"Yes. I'm sorry Rog." I apologize like I always do respecting his presence.
I slowly walk out of his hotel room to the boardwalk a few blocks away.
"Alayna.. is it a reasonable time to ask this question before I loose you" he asked stopping me grabbing my hand gently.
"Yea Rog?"
"can we have a child?" He softly asked
"wh- what?"
"can we make a child?"
"um, cant we just wait? or use protection? but can we wait til after I graduate school"
"but baby.. fine. We'll use protection" he smirked.
"Wanna go now chief?"
He passionately swipes my body along with him like a cyclone on an open field to the bedroom

We made love for the first time. His heavy breathing made me feel amazing as we played loud music 'Sexyback' by JT , as the song played , his fingers fingered my upper body down to my waist. We were deep into each other by now. After a few minutes, we were laid next to each other, bare under the sheets.