chapter 3; the meetup

After I grabbed some things at the market, i explored and brought my camera for photos. It was just beautiful, seeing all the people and everyone being so nice. It was almost time to see Roger again at the lobby. I was getting my nails done at the salon  and made a new friend! It was about 1:55 and only had 5 minutes to get there. God I shouldve never gotten them done.

[Roger's POV]
She looked like she was in a rush. I told Syd and David and everyone that I had a crush which I really did. She's gorgeous! Should I contact her so soon? No I shouldnt , I respect her privacy. I'll just wait here. Maybe I'll take here out to get a bite to eat , I'll ask.

[Normal POV]
I saw Roger waiting for me, I saw him on his phone. I didnt want to scare him so I called his name out.
"Rog! I'm back!"
He scrambles to put his phone in his back pocket.
"Hey lovie" he calls to me.
I go to him nervously, I almost tripped on this short kid.
"Hey! Watch where your walking!" I yell to the kid.
I finally get to Rog.
"By the way , my names Alayna if you didnt know" I softly say since of my nervousness
I could easily tell that he was just as nervous as he was but very attracted to me. He was tall too 😑
"What a lovely name, eh-" he says stopping himself.
"Sorry, I'm kinda nervous, *nervous laugh*"
"Aw it's ok so am I, this is the first time in years I've talked to a guy like this" I say recalling.
"So Alayna, what are your interests?" he says scrambling to get his jacket.
"Well, I actually like photography,  music, drawing and writing poetry mostly mini novels"
"Oh really ?  Like Jim Morrison poetry?"
"Yea actually,  I take inspiration from him and make it into my own"
"Do you have any on you?"
"Yea sure!"
I hand him a piece of folded paper with paragraphs of writing.
He reads it and is super amazed. He smiled at my handwriting.
"You have really nice hand writing , Alayna" he tells me handing me the paper back.
"Aw thanks!"

"I was wondering.. if I could take you to lunch" he plays with his fingers while telling me.
"Sure why not?"
"Really?! Let's go!"
We take a cab to this restaurant. London was beautiful just along the way to the restaurant.
We both sit close together , I could easily tell he wanted to be with me.

We went inside the restaurant and I ordered Chicken Alfredo.
We both talked about the things we loved. I ended up telling him how I found the band and what song I really loved from one of his early albums.
"I really really love that song from your early album Dark Side of The Moon, Breathe in the Air" I tell him excitedly.
"Really? I wrote that song , that's the only song I wrote but it credited with David and Richard" he tells me sadly.
"I still love it no matter what" I say softly fading.
We joked and laughed.
As the food came, I had this weird feeling. Like, I couldnt breathe. I took my inhaler to see if it was just that.
As I ate , my friends texted me from America. I didnt want to but I did anyway.
After we ate, he took me to my hotel and ran off.
"Well that was awkward. Just left me hanging. Anyway *sigh*"
I watched tv and just relaxed, Roger texted me saying why he ran off. I facetimed him and I fell asleep. My parents were coming home after trying to find jobs. No luck for them.
I went to bed smiling.