"I'm the champion of your nemesis. The only way I want to connect is with my fist in your face."

   She let out a full laugh. "Oh, I knew I liked you from the start. I cannot wait to finally face you on the battlefield." She threw me a sideways smirk. "Though, I can sense you wish the opposite."

   I snorted, trying not to let my nerves and concerns show. "Of course. I don't want you to tear up my planet the way the Decepticons tried to before."

   "If you say so, darling."

   Unconsciously, my fingers tightened into fists. "Why do you keep bothering me? Don't you have some scheming to do?"

   "I am here because you willed it. I cannot appear out of nowhere, you and I both know that you are the one to summon me. When will you accept that your fate is not as silver coated as you assumed, darling?"

~~~

   "Come on guys," I groaned. "At least act like you're trying to work with me."

   "Hey, my acting got me this far!" Miko protested. We'd been spending the day in the gym again, this time with me teaching her and Jack some combat and shooting. They had a pretty solid grasp of the basics, so we moved on to real power moves, and it was slow going. We had switched over to shooting an hour ago, and they were greatly improving in that field, though they weren't as accurate as I would have liked them to be. I knew I should be taking it easy on them, but as each day passed, my anxiety grew. It was almost like I could feel something bad coming, even without the presence of the usual bad feeling I got.

   "Let's break for five minutes," I said, scooping up my phone from the workbench to see three messages from Finn.

   F: Finally got through to my higher ups. Pitch is backed up by Fowler and Bryce and a couple others who owed us favors

   F: We look like we r in pre good shape tho

   F: Wish me luck

   A small smile tugged on my lips when I typed my reply.

   A: U don't need it, go show em who's boss

   F: Thx love. I'll text u after

   A: I'll be waiting

   "Is that Finn?" Jack asked, and I nodded. "How's it going on his end?"

   I dropped my phone back onto the bench. "He's heading into the meeting right now to pitch to his superiors. He's got a couple big guns though, so here's hoping they can pull through."

   "What are we asking for again?" Miko piped up.

   "Well, legally we can't just walk out and take out Valilorna's followers," I said. "What Finn and I pulled the other day didn't sit well with the higher ups, so we need them on board to reopen Team Prime in the official sense."

   She nodded, understandingly, about to say something else when my phone rang. I picked it up, saw that it was the base calling, and answered while confusion dotted my thoughts.

   "Hello?"

   "Amanda, there have been four activity alerts detected by the satellites," Ratchet said, cutting straight to the chase. "I suggest a reconnaissance mission."

   I nodded. "We'll be at the base in five minutes max. Keep monitoring the situation until we get there."

   We hung up and I quickly turned to Miko and Jack, who were looking at me curiously.