/Strip 9 - Bringer of Light (next chapter tonite!)

Late update again. But I'm really thankful for those who are patiently waiting. New fans, reads, and comments. They're all highly appreciated. <3

Dedicated to Asaranghae. She's the first commentor from the last chapter. (I'll start giving dedications na, to be fair. :P ) I do love comments. Mas nakakainspire at nakakagana. Heehee. I prefer getting comments and critiques rather than votes. Suggestions and constructive comments, too. So feel free to say what you think about my updates. I'd be happy to hear from you! <3

/Strip 9 - Bringer of Light

 "Ssshh... don't worry," I said while  wiping her tears off the time I dropped her off at Life Management Foundation Inc.

"How awful," she sobbed more. "You never loved me. I hated this kind of place, right?!"

"Yes." I said honestly. "Pero kailangan mo 'to, ginawa ko lahat para sa mga therapies mo, para makarecover ka na sa addiction mo, to start a new life here with me... the idea was from you, we left Mom and Dad. I sacrificed. But did you do your part? May nangyari ba ha? Tell me Ariana. May kinahantungan ba mga pinaghirapan ko?"

She turned her back on me, "I don't know."

"If you're reluctant enough to turn to your loved ones because you've let them down before, consider this again." Tears already started to ruffle from my eyes. I do love my sister so much.

She made herself fell down on the bed and cried, again. Wala akong nagawa kundi titigan siya, nasasaktan ako dahil ganito nanaman ang nangyari.

"Take care of yourself, Ariana." The moment I walked out from her room's the time I knew it was for the better.

Two days have passed, wala akong ginawa kundi mamuhay ng normal. Parang yung dati lang nung nasa Amerika pa ako. Ang buhay nga naman, napakahirap.

Biglang nag-ring ang telepono ko.

"Hey Vannah, who the fuck are you para hindi sagutin ang mga tawag ko?" She shouted huskily on the line. Selena, she's really annoying sometimes.

"After mo akong pagkamalan na buntis, ha?" I chuckled.

"Just to make sure! You're my friend." Bigla namang nag-tone down ang boses nito. "So how are you feeling? Di ka na nagsusuka?"

Come on, it's a simple ulcer.

"Hindi na." I smiled. "I've been taking medics, so you don't have to worry, mommy." I gagged.

"You bitch." She screeched, laughing. "Okay, glad you're doing fine. I'll call you again. Love you!"

She was so glad that I was safe. Even she's not near at hand.

___________________

"Putangina mo Chris, naguguluhan talaga ako!" Sigaw ko habang tinatapon ko sa 'Taksyapo Wall' ang pangwalong plato. It's true na nakakawala talaga ng stress 'to. "Fuck, after you had sex a lot of times with me! Iiwanan mo ako tapos you'll let me decide ha?"

"I wouldn't have thought you could say that, in a public place! Take note." Tumawa ng malakas si James habang binibigay sa akin ang isa pang plato. "At hindi siya umalis, he has some business shits there. You're playing exaggeration."

"Tangina mo James!" I immediately jumped up to throw the tenth plate on that kickass wall. "Bakit ikaw pa ang iniwan ni Selena sa akin, hindi naman ako bata para magkaroon ng bantay. Shit shit Selena, I really wanted to go with you."

"You're in the presence of a demi-god human, stop blabbing nonsense." Not just his courtesy and conceited aura, but the way, like, when I was going to jug a plate again, he caught my eye and gave me this silent nod. And that, I felt embarassed.

"Loudmouth alert, loudmouth alert." I whispered.

"Shut up, miss stripper."

"NO. YOU SHUT UP."

"Alam mo," he shrugged his arms and let out a grimace. "It was a great idea that I've asked my friends to surprise Chris, with a stripper. He's not himself, truth be told. What a playful and an idyllic world. Akalain mong noong mga oras na nagkita tayo sa hotel, ikaw na lasing na lasing eh siya pala ang stripper a na-hire nina Fred. I can't forget the hotel encounter, I thought you were like some low class... uh, you know," He was gesturing his hands and WAS SMILING.  "Those sluts? But I was wrong, though I enjoyed making out with you. Not until you mouthed the name Lucas. By that time, I knew you were miserable and lonely. That's why I decided to buy you flowers the next day. Sounds cheesy but oh well... you must learn to charm - charming people! Because I have met charming people in the most curious of circumstances! You're not charming, you're drunk. Really really drunk."

Natawa na lang ako sa mga sinabi niya. He's a gentleman. And yeah, cheesy. No doubts, magaling ito sa mga babae. Selena's one.

"Oh come on!" I gave him light taps on his chest. "Nakakagago ka rin e, noh? Pareho kayo ni Chris."

"I regretted it damn. I should've known it was you. Or perhaps, I shouldn't have decided to bash him a striptease show."

A big question popped on my head. "Huwag. I was thankful that time, really. Dilemmas on school accounts and for Ariana's therapy were quick solved after it."

"I'm jeal-" naputol ang sinabi niya when his phone rang.

He rolled his eyes and by the look on his face, he was slightly disappointed. 

"You wanna go to Bora?" James grinned. "Selena's bored there."

"Hell yes!" I shooked my head with full of blithe.

This is the best day of my life so far.

Sometimes, it's good to escape. Isn't it?

"Oh my god, that dude has the worst breath ever!" Tawa ng tawa si Selena while we're drinking our vodkas. "I almost threw up!"

"You're really a badass," I sipped my drink.

"Just like you, sweety." She whispered, as the lively and bright lights reflect her slightly red face signifying that she was already hopped up and stoned.

"What are you girls up to?!" Biglang dumating si James. The most awesomest thing I saw today, except for the great and smexy firedancers and the great white sand, was his damn, body. Those biceps and six-pack abs.

Goodness, why am I saying this?! Lasing na rin ata ako.

My jaw dropped when he grabbed Selena's waist and kissed like I wasn't there. No, I never existed. They're making out in front of their friend.

"Since when?!!" I asked in a high tone of voice. Nakakagulat. It was unpredictable.

Parang hindi nila ako narinig dahil malakas ang tugtog at marami na ring naghihiyawan sa club na 'to. Oh, god why. This night should be fun.

I decided to go out first, and sit on the beachside. Holding my phone, I startled at the beautiful sky with those glorious lighrays coming from each star. Naaalala ko ang mga mata ni Chris, I would have died glaring at them. He's the most precious guy I met since I came back here. I kind of like him, seriously.

The ocean, it's so calm. How I wish my life's like the waves of it.

I'm being melancholic, oh no. Should take a or at least drown my body in the water.

Truly revealing the red swimsuit I was wearing, I was like a child excitingly playing with the water. It's a good thing, people go clubbing during nights. I can feel the air and water calming me.

What made me so strucked was when there's this guy rushingly went over.

"You left your phone, miss?" He's waving with my phone on his hand...ringing.

Oh crap.

"Vannah?" He broke down into tears. So did I, dropping my phone.

"I missed you."

"Lucas," I shivered while finding myself wrapped around his arms, he reached out to hug me in the water.