Chapter Twenty Four

(---)

I was visiting France, opening the door I didn't expect someone else to be there too. "Italy?"

"Ah hello! I'm sure you didn't expect me, I'm just cooking with France again don't mine me." Italy smiled at me.

I look over at the French country, he nodded along. "Okay then," I said nonchalantly.

I sat down on the couch to read my book while the sounds of clattering pots and pans filled the air.

I got pretty hungry so I went into the kitchen to ask for some food. When I entered the kitchen I was greeted with dough to my face.

"Mi dispiace! (I'm sorry)" He wiped the dough off my face, we looked into each other's eyes.

After he finished he cupped my cheeks, "there much better, now what do you need?" He put his hands on his hips.

"Ah uh never mind I'll just leave, thank you though," I gave him a warm thank you smile.

"No problem," his cheeks turned bright red as I exited the kitchen.

(---)

The three of us hijacked a car to go to the next destination, Ohio.

Eventually it broke down while we were driving through Virginia but we could just walk to Ohio by now. There aren't many cars here so it's pretty lucky that we even got a car in the first place.

We were in a forest, gotta break out my camping skills for awhile.

I assigned all of us roles, Poland and I were gonna go get things to eat and the others will get fire wood.

We and Poland were casually walking around this forest looking at plant and fruits along the way to see if they were edible. "Poland, I have a theory but I'm not sure if it's true,"

"Let's head back, well is it about what's happening?" Poland asked me. "No it's about-" I was cut off, I immediately shut up.

I heard humming from a distance, the song sounded familiar, I think I've heard it before.

I walked closer and closer, the song got clearer and clearer.

(---)

I heard humming in the office, "what are you humming?" I stood there with my arms crossed. "It's just an old song my father taught me, he said only special people and myself are allowed to hear it."

"Oh really? Well then you screwed up when you decided to hum it while I'm here."

They stood up and walked up to me, he lifted my chin with a finger. "No I didn't," Germany smiled.

(---)

I broke through the leaves and saw Russia was the one humming the tune. "Y-you're!" I stammered.

"Why don't you stop playing around already," I grit my teeth, I was a fool. Russia looked at me dumbfounded, "huh?" He said very confused.

"Stop playing!" I stomped up to him and gave him a hard slap. He rubbed the side of his face in a daze, Poland stood there with eyes wide open. North stopped whatever he was doing and just stared.

"I don't know what you're talking about, (Y/N), are you feeling okay?" He tried to reach for me, I slapped his hands away.

He stood there in silence, "heh," he chuckled, he started laughing really hard and gripping his stomach. "I thought at least it would last a little longer don't you think? I guess we can stop this little charade," he gave a toothy grin as his eyes were glowing.

His whole body turned to mud and back into a form of a human. It lifted my chin with a finger and stared into my eyes, "I guess I really did slip up when I decided to hum that tune while you were around."

Germany gave a low chuckle, "don't you think playing pretend with me was quite fun?" He backed away and out his hands behind his back.

"No wonder, the bar didn't collapse under your weight and how Russia suddenly was ok with suits."

"There are many unanswered questions in this world (Y/N), I hope I answered your suspicions no?" He rubbed his face again from when I slapped him.

"Did you lie about everything you told us, like how Russia had a double personality and that you guys were controlled by someone?" I could hear the anger in Poland's voice.

"Maybeeeee, my dear Polen You know I'd never lie to you, or would I?"

"Fuck you niemcy, I hope you come back to your senses," Poland cursed. My eyes widen, Poland never curses no matter what. He must be really mad.

He gave us an shit eating grin, "when we met at the library did you notice I didn't use my ability at all? And that I placed that map on the table, do you think someone like me is stupid enough to put a map right there in the open?"

A bullet shot though the German man, he started to lose his balance. It was North, he shot the bullet. The fight is over.

"Not so fast," Germany got up again like nothing happened. The hole in his stomach filled up on its own. "My whole body is a liquid sort of substance, physical attacks like that won't work North."

"That liquid is beer which also has other properties..." he readjusts his glasses.

My vision started to get hazy and my nerves wouldn't work properly. "This is..." I slurred. "Indeed, I can make people drunk just by being around me, how cool is that hm?"

Poland and north started to feel dizzy too. Suddenly I heard someone else. "Report back to headquarters," the other country ordered.

"Can't you see I'm so close to-"

"Now," the person's voice was like venom, it was cold.

"Fine," Germany gave in and walked away with the other country.

We laid there on the floor for who knows how long, we were waiting for the effects to stop.

Eventually I could stand up again, a little dizzy but I'm fine, the others too. "God dammit he really got me I was stupid," I cursed.

"Don't worry, we'll get him next time," north tried to reassure me.

Suddenly we heard rustling in the bushes, we all whipped towards the sound.