chapter 15

Chapter 15

Joshua’s POV

It was when Lance arrived that I truly saw Miranda for what she was. An even bigger slut than Lillian was.  She was talking to me about redecorating Rose’s room and then lance arrived. I saw the way her eyes lit up when she saw him. I also saw the love reflected on his face as he came to her and took her in his arms. He kissed her forehead and she hugged him tighter as she continued to talk to me.

“Joshua Lance is here.” She said and I stiffened as he came to shake my hand. Then as he talked to me he walked over to Miranda and whispered something in her ear making her smile wide. As she tucked her hand through his and then she laid her head on his arm. I felt the anger start to rage in my chest. How could I have been such a fool? She had been playing me all along. But it seems she also had her mitts on a sugar daddy with more money than me on the side.

Miranda’s POV

I was so happy when my father arrived. Yes I said my father. In this past month I have grown to love and forgive him. It seems he is also trying to see mom too. So I was feeling very happy today. I could not wait to get him alone so I could tell him I fell in love and he loved me too. So I asked Joshua to excuse us and we moved to the side and I whispered in dad’s ear. He picked me up off the ground and I hugged him.

It was then that Joshua got up looking like he was going to blow. “You little conniving, manipulating bitch. I wasn’t good enough for you was I. You needed a man with more money?” he yelled as I looked at dad and he looked at me.

My mouth dropped open “Joshua you can see?” I asked feeling so hurt he felt the need to pretend not to see. Then my anger started overriding my shock. He called me a bitch for the second time since I’ve known him.

“Well that would be what you called me on huh. Proving that you are also sleeping with Lance. Because she slept with me last night you know.” Joshua said turning to look at dad. I felt the sting of tears burn my eyes.

“Son, what’s going on?” Asked Randal, as he made his way over to us as did the rest of the guests. But with all his anger Joshua was just looking for a reason to compare me to his ex-wife. It hurt that he would think so little of me.

“It seems that Miranda turned out to be a bigger bitch than Lillian dad. She slept with me and is now throwing herself at Lance in front of me.” He laughed cynically. “I saw them with my own eyes.” Randal and everyone just looked on shocked that he could see.