Chapter Two: A Facility?

"None of this makes any sense! What did we do?" Moira asked. Claire sighed.

"Wish I could tell you." She said, as we made our way down a hall. Once we opened the door, I gasped in horror. There were bodies hanging from the ceiling! 

"This is so messed up...What do you think this place was?" Moira asked. Claire didn't answer. I shook my head.

"This is horrible. Absolutely horrible!" I said, and we began making our way up the tracks. We climbed a ladder, crossed a ledge, and followed the tracks into a hallway. That's when we heard a scream!

"Did you hear that??" Moira asked. I nodded.

"Yeah, I did. We aren't the only ones here." I said. We went through a door, and the gruesomeness of this place only got worse. There was, what I could only guess was a body, lying on a table with hooks sticking out of it! "Ugh!" I muttered, looking away.

"Oh my gosh, what the heck?!" Moira echoed my thoughts. Claire looked at me.

"Carter, are you sure you're gonna be okay here?" She asked. I nodded.

"Yeah. I survived Umbrella. I survived Raccoon City. I'll get through this too." I said. She nodded.

"Okay." She said. We then took notice of the glass window in front of us. "I think there's a way through this glass." She said. I nodded. We left the room then to look for something to break the glass.

"Hey, Claire? Why don't I just break the glass? I'll heal after anyway." I said. She shook her head.

"I don't want you to injure yourself if you don't have to. Let's look around first." She said. I nodded.

"Alright, fair enough." I agreed. It didn't take us long to find a combat knife.

"This should come in handy." Claire said. Moira picked up the flashlight that laid next to it.

"Guess I'm on light duty." She said.

"Oh! Actually, I just remembered!" I reached down and pulled an intricately designed dagger out of my boot. "Leon gave me this for my birthday  a few months ago. Something that small enough for me to conceal, but I can still have something on me at all times to defend myself with." I said. Moira looked at it.

"Oh wow, that's really pretty! Is that a dragon on the handle?" She asked. I smiled and nodded.

"Yeah! And the metal has a rainbow like color! He said that he had made special for me!" I said. Claire smiled.

"That's sweet." She said. With that, we all went back to the glass window. Claire and I broke it, then all three of us climbed through the window. As we made our way through the next room, we found a paper. It read:

'Rules for monitoring test subjects: Those participating in the experiments must observe the following rules:

-The subjects must be monitored 24 hours a day.

-Monitor the senor for any changes; log its status every ten minutes.

-Dispose of any subject showing signs of abnormality immediately.' I sighed.

"Another facility. Why am I not surprised." I mumbled. We left the room and kept moving, soon coming to a fallen bookcase. "Here, I got this." I said. I grabbed ahold of it, and lifted it up with ease, allowing Claire and Moira to crawl through, then I followed after. Once we were through, Claire and I began pushing a shelf out of the way. As we were doing so, suddenly, a creature of some sort jumped out at us!! I screamed as she and I both fell back. We attacked it with our knife and dagger, soon driving it away.