Chapter 22

"Wait hang on, I don't think he meant us" Lin realises once the team was on a helicopter but the people in it were all staring at them with wide eyes. "Abort mission"

"Over here you morons!" Rick yelled from another helicopter, staring at them with thinly veiled amusement. Not that he would ever admit to being amused with the bad guys, no, he's a good guy and good guys aren't amused by bad guys.

"Did I miss something when I was off sulking?" Lin ask confused. "It looked like he was preparing an epic peptalk"

"He was, it was a video from his boss. She killed it compared to him" Deadshot murmur, too distracted by other things to care about the confused woman besides him.

"So I missed this epic pep talk? Something I need to know?" She press, she hated being out of the loop.

"Yes you missed it" Deadshot ground out with his teeth clenched in irritation. "She didn't say anything that we don't already know"

Lin wave off his petty irritation with a flick of her hand. Not her fault she had to take a break from all the negative energy, it was messing with her aura which mind you took a long time to get this good. If only she had her crystals, which she had left at home to recharge in the moonlight. They would have come in handy when trying to protect herself against anyone that isn't Harley or her darling Joker.

"Are ya thinkin' bout your aura again, Linnie?" Came Harley's sweet voice when said Linnie had just jumped off the helicopter. "You've got the aura face"

"I have no idea what you're talking about" Lin deny while taking long strides to the helicopter she was supposed to be in. "Ain't nothing gonna break my stride-" Her singing is interrupted by her falling to the ground.

"A stone broke you stride" Chato tell her teasingly.

"May the gods strike you down Chato" She curse him, channeling all her ancestors.

"Don't be like that hunny, not my fault you fell for a stone" Chate remind her with a pointed finger.

"Put that away before I bite it off" The woman threaten him, not at all liking the teasing.

"You don't bite do ya, kitten?" The toxic green hair shone under the bright lights in the VIP section of said owner of toxic green hair's club.

"Hmm, I don't know. Depends on what we're talking about" The dark haired woman sitting besides him reply with a breathy tone.

"Yeah?" He repeat with a smirk plastered on his bleach white skin. "Is that so?" Joker ask while running a finger down her cheek.

As response to his question Lin snap her teeth after the pale finger. One of her favorite mottos has always been 'actions speak louder than words' and she suppose that it is extra effective with a man as crazy as this one. He is a man driven by actions and care next to nothing for words. Not that she knew that he secretly enjoys their talks and wouldn't change them for much.

The man cackles and pulls her closer to him, wrapping his muscular arms around her waist when she came close enough. The two had just finished an important business meeting with one Penguin, the mob boss had owed her man some money and wasn't overly enthusiastic about paying it back. It was only by the courtesy of Lin that said meeting happened in the first place, she was the rational mind behind their empire and he was both brains and brawns but his area of expertise lays outside of diplomacy and ally building.

"I want a kitten" Lin state after a few minutes of quiet cuddling in the extremely loud club. "One of those cute ones"

"Whatever my baby wishes" Joker respond without hesitation. "Daddy will get you a kitten, one of those cute ones"

"Thank you" Lin squeal and plants a big kiss on his red painted lips.

Jay grunted in response and his gloved hand behind her neck to pull her closer to him, eager to continue what she had started, not at all concerned by the curios people around them. Not that she cared either.

The two had been together for a few months now and they both considered it the best time of their lives. Endless excitement, zero loneliness and the world by their feet. They've spent a lot of time growing and nurturing his kingdom, seems like the missing piece in truly making it perfect came in the form of Lin. His tiny little angel, sent to him by whatever god of malice there is out there, no way that the Joker would ever even consider her being sent by one of those happy go lucky gods. No, she must have been sent by more darker gods. Like the ones her ancestors worshipped, Oden, Tor, Loke and Hel.

There's been some fights between them, as is common in relationships when the two parties involve disagrees over something, and they usually end in either of them storming out of the place, physical fights (more like wrestling and throwing stuff) or relieving themselves of the anger in other more... pleasurable ways. Lin can remember one fight that was so bad that Batman got called, talk about effective law enforcement, anyways the two had to skidaddle before the man in the tights threw them in the loony bin. If that would have happened her identity would be revealed and the Joker would not be pleased. He had worked hard to make sure that his Lin is safe and out of the spotlight, he know that if he were to put her there his enemies would come for her. That and if the two ever found themselves in an ugly situation in for example Arkham the guards wouldn't be as harsh towards her. If that ever happened and he found out that they had hurt her he would-

"Can we get it now?" She interrupt his dark thoughts with a large, hopeful grin.

AN: So another chapter is up! Tell me what you think cuz I'm not really happy with it, I feel like when I write a lot of dialogue I generally drop a lot of the quality of the writing but that could just be me being overly harsh on myself. Anyways, new chapter is coming soon! Also, I am currently editing this story (again) so some things will change but the editing won't interfere with the updating:)