Brooklyn: Steve Rogers

Y/N's POV: 

It's my birthday and right now, I'm getting ready to go to my favorite bar in Brooklyn. I love it because it hasn't changed since it was opened in the early 40s and I just love the old charm of it. I slip on some white flats to match my modernized swing dress before grabbing my coat and heading out the door. 

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

I eventually park my car outside of the old bar and smile before walking towards the front door. I haven't been here in at least two months and I'm happy to be back. I walk in the front door and my smile leaves my face immediately. 

The entire bar was changed to have a more modern approach. I stand at the front door, speechless when a waitress comes over and asks, "Are you ok, ma'am?"

"How come they remodeled the bar?" I demand.

"We weren't attracting enough customers so the boss decided to remodel to draw in more people. We did keep the back of the bar the same though." the waitress explains.

I thank her and she takes me to a table in the back. I sit there for about 5 more minutes until my brother, Gabe and my best friend, Hallee enter the bar and sit at my table. 

"How come you're not at the front of the bar?" Gabe asks before Hallee kicks his leg under the table. 

"Because they changed it." I say simply. They leave the topic alone after that and we order our food and drinks. 

While we are waiting for our food, two men with their hoods pulled up and wearing sunglasses walk into the old part of the bar, where we're at and they sit down at the table behind us. I track the taller of the two with blond hair until he sits down. When he does, Hallee squeals softly, "Oh. My. Gosh!! Oh my gosh! That's Captain America and Bucky Barnes!!" 

I turn around slightly to see both of the men tense up and I look back at Hallee and say, "Don't go bother them, Hal. They're probably just here to enjoy themselves so we shouldn't bother them." 

Hallee pouts before muttering a resigned "Fine..."

We finish eating our meals once they're brought out to us and then go over to the bar. We order drinks and laugh with each other when old songs begin to play. "Come on! Let's go dance!" I say excitedly, pointing to the dance floor. All of the other people in the back of the bar had made their way to the middle of the room and I pull Gabe and Hallee along with me so we could join them. 

I recognise the song that comes on so I grab Gabe's hand and try to teach him the swing dance that goes along with it. He continuously steps on my feet and bumps into other people. Eventually I let go of his arms with a huff and step back so other people can dance. When my back is turned, someone comes up behind me and says, "Excuse me, ma'am?" I turn around and end up facing the tall man from the table behind which I now see is Captain America. I don't fangirl at all though because these people want to live at least partially normal lives and with girls and guys following him everywhere it must be tiring. "I saw your failed attempt at a swing dance back there," he points behind him and chuckles a bit. "So, I was wondering if you'd like to try it with me?" he holds out his hand for me to take. 

"I would be honored Captain Rogers!" I smile before taking his hand. He immediately twirls me and we head to the dance floor. We twirl around and do all of the proper steps. I giggled when I saw Gabe talking to Bucky Barnes but Gabe looked like a starstruck fan girl. I looked back at Captain Rogers before he let go of one of my hands and used the other to lead me to a more secluded place in the bar. We sit down at the corner table and Rogers announces, "This is the very same table Bucky and I would sit at every Saturday for lunch back in the 40s."