And that's what happened today. He fell asleep resting his head and his hand on my stomach. He was out like a light, so exhausted by making sure I had a decent sleep.

I gently comb through his bouncy brown curls with my fingers, admiring how perfectly they sat on his head even when they were messy and untamed.

I know he's tired, so I slowly slip myself out from underneath him and walk out of the bedroom as quietly as possible so he could keep sleeping.

It was early morning, and the sun was barely beginning to rise. It was still fairly dark outside.

I freshen up in the bathroom and then walk out into the main area, but stop in my tracks when I realize something that made my stomach drop.

The front door was open.

I slowly walk towards it with the air temporarily robbed from my lungs. I poke my head out the doorway and look down the hallway.

Empty.

I could have sworn we locked the door last night. We've been trying to be really persistent with that.

I felt sick, knowing there could have been someone in here when Harry and I were asleep.

I was about to go back to our bedroom to wake Harry up, but I'm stopped by a sudden bang on my window.

Nervous butterflies fill my stomach and my heart beat accelerates.

I creep to my window, but stand to the side so I remain unseen. I tilt my head a little bit so I could look down at where the bang came from.

I peak down at the slightly lit back alley that my window faced.

There was the culprit, standing and looking up and my window in a black leather jacket and a ski mask.

I felt my heart stop beating in one swift moment. I step back in fear before my instincts kick in and I bolt to the door, shutting it and locking it immediately.

My breathing became uneven to the point where I couldn't even speak. I was terrified.

"Babe?" Harry's voice spoke from the hallway where our bedroom was.

I whip my head in his direction and run to him. He immediately grips my arms tightly and scans my face with worried eyes.

"Woah, woah, what's going on?" he says.

"T-there's a man outside the window." I tremble.

His eyes widen and he lets go of me, slowly walking towards the window in cautious steps.

"Don't let him see you." I whisper and bite down on my nails, watching Harry in aching nervousness.

He looks down outside the window, then back at me with furrowed brows.

"Lyds, there's no one out there." he says softly, with confusion in his voice.

"What? No." I rush over to his side and look out the window. He was right. No one. "H-he must have ran away. He threw a rock, Harry. I swear-"