I had no idea who this Death Eater was, but they were not nearly as strong as the three remaining ones dueling my friends. Once they were alone, it was unfairly easy to stun them. 

As soon as he was on the ground with his pals, I turned my attention to the three dueling Fabian, Gideon and Remus. Part of me wanted Bellatrix to be here, but part of me knew that if she was, I risked killing her. 

Was I ready to purposely take another life? Did I want to do that?

I didn't get a chance to really consider it as the Death Eaters dueling Fabian and Gideon turned towards one of the twins and shot two stunning spells at him, jumping out of the way before the other's spell could hit either of them. 

Gideon fell to the ground with a stunned expression on his face while Fabian began to attack them with anger. 

I tried to interject before his reckless anger got him hurt, but they managed to stun him before I had the chance to decide on a spell to send. Those two turned to me, and I felt my heart sink. 

Remus was busy dueling another Death Eater who was almost a perfect match for him, so I was on my own here. 

These two were at least as strong on their own than the four had been combined. I took the opportunity that I had to quickly stun the smaller one. Unfortunately, the smaller one turned out to be the weaker and slower of the two as they clearly hadn't anticipated me sending the spell at them. 

I assume they figured that since the taller one was stronger, that I'd attack them first, but I attacked the one that was closer. 

The duel that ensued was unfornuately quick, as I stumbled over one of the previous Death Eater's leg and fell to the ground, my wand slipping between my fingers. 

I knew who this Death Eater wasn't. He was not Fenrir Greyback, this one was shorter and thinner. It was not Bellatrix, too tall and I assumed it was a guy. It wasn't Severus as he was far too aggressive with me while Severus tended to avoid dueling me at all costs. 

I knew it wasn't one of the Carrows, as I had a run in with Amycus and Alecto, the former being rather easy to take down while his sister was more difficult. I had knocked him out after shrinking his mask, enraging Alecto to attack me forcefully. I did the same thing, shrunk her mask until she tore it off. She was quite the opponent, but she was fuelled by anger and therefore sloppy as hell. I stunned her moments before they began to disapparate, and while one standing Death Eater grabbed her brother, Rodolphus grabbed her. 

Alecto was short while Amycus was tall, much skinnier than this Death Eater.

I fumbled for my wand as he raised his, and as he brewed a curse, I sent the shrinking spell at him. He tore off his mask as he cast the Cruciatus Curse at me. 

Remus reacted to the scream that errupted from my chest. I could barely see him as his head snapped to me, causing him to be hit hard with a strong spell. 

He fell back, and my heart stopped. 

I was truly on my own. 

This is where I die, isn't it? On such a simple mission... Or this is where they take me to Voldemort to let him kill me. 

There was a nagging in the back of my head, one that reminded me that I had two little girls, a husband, and a brother that I could not leave behind. I forced myself not to scream again, not to writhe.

As the pain chorsed through me, and as the other Death Eater approached, her gaunt perfectly matching that of a specific Death Eater I hated with every ounce of my being, I remembered something.