thirty

30 : a babe

The first two weeks of August were spent with everyone around me watching me with hawk eyes.

I was officially not allowed to go to the bathroom alone, sort of. Lily would stand right outside of the door with it slightly cracked, and she or Sirius would sit on the outside of the shower, but inside the bathroom, when I'd shower.

We all watched as my stomach grew, and when Sirius and I finally decided on name options, it was officially just a waiting game.

Sirius and I had agreed that the baby would sleep in our room, in a crib, until she was 6 months old, when we'd move her into the bedroom that Lily and James were sleeping in, as they'd likely be in their own home by then.

I was no longer allowed to be alone because of the chance that I'd have a vision. I had a habit of having them while I was standing or walking around, and now that I was carrying a tiny, fragile, human inside of me, it was no longer safe for me to fall and seize all over the place. Whenever I would have a vision, someone was always there to stabilize my head, and someone came running to stabilize my torso too.

But, it wasn't a vision that had James screaming for Sirius and Dean on August 19th.

I had been standing in the living room, trying to feed Biscuit. James had insisted that he could do it, but I was not relenting on feeding my snake, so James gave up.

It was taking absolutely forever, and Biscuit was looking at me as if he was trying to tell me I looked insane, so when he finally took the rat, I turned to James in triumph.

As I smirked at James, who rolled his eyes, the baby decided that was a good time to kick me with all her might.

I could almost hear a rib crack, and I grabbed the small space between the top of my stomach and the bottom of my chest as I almost fell forward. I barely caught the back of the sofa, squeezing it as tightly as I could.

The small fire burning in the fireplace suddenly got a lot brighter and I groaned as there was a pain in my lower stomach. It felt like my insides were squeezing and suddenly released.

I took a deep gasp of air as James gaped at me.

"You should probably get Sirius," I breathed out as it suddenly felt as though someone had poured a cup of water under me. James' eyes widened more and he looked absolutely terrified. I snapped my fingers towards him, and when his eyes were on mine, I motioned towards the floor. "She wants out."

So James started yelling for Sirius, throwing in a 'Dean!' after I started groaning again.

They'd been outside with Lily as she guilted them into weeding the small garden behind the house with her. I couldn't do it myself, and Lily didn't want to do it alone.

"Oh thank you, James, you saved my sou-"

Sirius saw the drenched bottom of my nightgown, as well as the puddle under me, and turned as white as a ghost. When Dean came to his side, his expression less grateful and more concerned, I snorted. He looked as if he would bust out laughing at any moment, mostly at Sirius' face. Dean looked over at me and raised his eyebrows.

"You've seen a woman in labor before, yes?" He nodded. "Then get Lily and my damn bag!"

Dean obliged like a good human as the other two stared at me. Was this a circus show for them? There was another feeling of constriction, which I presumed was a contraction, and I hissed loudly. Both James and Sirius' eyes went wider than they had been before, if that was possible.