𝑶𝒏𝒍𝒚 𝑫𝒐𝒖𝒄𝒉𝒆𝒃𝒂𝒈𝒔 𝑾𝒆𝒂𝒓 𝑺𝒖𝒏𝒈𝒍𝒂𝒔𝒔𝒆𝒔 𝑰𝒏𝒅𝒐𝒐𝒓 :: 04

Start from the beginning

"I know you two have been friends since you were young, but I don't understand how you can handle him so well. He makes my brain bleed," Mrs. Park said whilst sitting at the dinner table, sipping at her mug of coffee. She hadn't an idea where the chip in it came from, but either way, her forefinger found home in it. She made a mental note to throw it out once she was done with it.

"I mean you said it yourself. We've been friends since we were kids," Jimin explained simply as he reached for the water in the fridge, pouring two tall glasses for him and his friend.

His mother smiled, placing her cup of coffee on the dinner table. She turned to face her son, hands folded neatly on her crossed legs. "Where's Jason? Shouldn't all three of you be hanging out together?" she suggested. "Granted none of it will get in the way of school affairs, that is."

Jimin took a sip out of his drink, smiling softly. "He has his own work to do. And speaking of work, I should probably get started on the project."

"Isn't Eric going to help?" she questioned, but then quickly shook her head as she laughed to herself softly. "Nevermind. I'm headed out for the night. Duties pertaining to work. If you need anything, give me a call. I'm sure your father won't answer as he appears to be a busy man these days. Even too busy for me," she said with a smile on her face. But Jimin knew that it was forced.

"Okay. Sounds good," Jimin said before pressing his lips to the tip of his glass, taking another sip. "Make sure you drive safe."

Mrs. Park chuckled. "When do I not? I'll see you tomorrow morning, okay darling?"

Jimin nodded his head, watching his mother's every move from her tossing the chipped coffee mug into the trash to the lingering silence upon the door closing behind her.

He suspired gently, placing his now empty glass in the dishwasher. He held the other in his hand, making his way up to his bedroom. It didn't take him long before he burried his face in his notes, gathering all of the essential elements needed to nail their assignment.

Eric walked in, sweat drenched as he took a seat across from Jimin, who shifted uncomfortably in his seat and plugged his nose.

"Go take a shower, Eric," he said with a grimace, words distorted.

Eric laughed, inviting himself to the glass of water that beckoned him from the table. He gulped it down within seconds, placing it back in it's original location before standing to his feet.

"Holy shit."

Jimin peered up at Eric, a bemused look on his own face. He noticed his friend looking out the window, and so he stood up, finding Jungkook and Jason lying on the former's bed as they most likely were hard at work on their project.

Well, maybe not so much Jason. But was Jungkook capable enough to manage both of their weights?

"You didn't tell me the new kid lived next door to you."

Jimin shrugged. "I mean it's not that big of a deal," he lied through his teeth. It was a huge deal, considering Jungkook's sexual preferences.

"You should totally invite them over. It's the weekend, anyways. We have plenty of time to work on our assignment. What do you say?" Eric pitched with an enthusiasm Jimin wished he'd harboured when it came to school.

Internal panic, was what Jimin was experiencing. A recipe for disaster, was what this whole thing was. "But my parents aren't home. I'd hate to go behind their backs, Eric. You know how it is. Mutual respect."

Eric scoffed. "Mutual respect? I don't know about you, but forcing adulthood on a kid doesn't sound like mutual respect to me. Live a little. You'll love it."

Jimin's brows furrowed. "They don't force school on me. I do it myself. I love learning, which isn't much to say about you," he retorted rather brusquely.

He loved learning... right?

Eric shook his head. "I don't know about you, but I'm heading over. Maybe I'll find a friend in Jungkook. More of a friend than you're being in the moment, at least," he said while he reached for his belongings.

"Eric, wait," Jimin pleaded, but to no avail. It seemed Eric was gone almost just as quickly as he had shown up.

He placed his forehead against his knees, craddling the back of his neck with his hands. Things were much less complicated before the arrival of Jungkook. It seemed almost everyday his mind was taken for a whirl and tested for it's endurance, which in fact had been dwindling at a scary pace.

He closed his notes up, no longer in the mood to work. His brain was reaching max capacity and he simply had no more room for school when he was already busy as it was mulling over Jungkook and his friends.

He felt his phone buzz in his back pocket. This time it was Jason trying to coax him in going over. But he held his front, knowing that it would be a bad idea. Jungkook was gay, why would he want to be in the same vicinity as him? What if he tried something?

He shook his head, trying to free his thoughts yet only managing to knock them around and mix them up. He sighed heavily, falling onto his back as he tugged at his raven locks. Frustration was what he felt. Anger, and in a sense, betrayal.

No, he needed to do his school work in order to get his mind off of things. So that's exactly what he did. He opened his notes up once again, and went to work.

Robotically.