The Wind (One-shot)

Start from the beginning

Hachi blinked in surprise before jumping up and yelling, "EHH?!?-", but Hachi was silenced by Queen putting her hand over his mouth.

"Hachi-kun! Be quiet!", shushed Queen. "Don't tell Joker we're here! Speaking of Joker, where is he exactly?".

"Wait, wait, how did you even get inside?"

"Maa, maa, Hachi-kun, we're kaitous. We can manage!", cheered on Spade. "Besides, we're here for a bit of revenge.".

Flashback...

Joker was spying on Spade and Queen as they discussed Spade's newest book. Joker hid his presence the best he could as he inched slowly towards the light switch at the corner of the room with his phone in hand which was connected to hidden speakers throughout the room.

Joker flipped the light switch close and put on his night-vision goggles. He stifled a laugh before playing a video on his phone.

"WHO DARES INTERRUPT MY SLUMBER?!?"

Joker laughed at the sound of their screams.

"Happy Halloween!".

Present...

Spade shook his head, ridding his mind of that awful memory.

"Anyway, we wanted to scare him as revenge.", said Queen and Spade nodded in agreement. "The last Halloween was ruined because of him", muttered Spade.

"What was that, Spade-san?"

"Nothing, Hachi-kun."

"Well, we wanted to say-", but Queen was cut off by the sound of a door opening and footsteps. 

Joker walked into the room, eyes unfocused with fatigue. It was like he wasn't really seeing them as he walked past them, going towards the couch.

Spade, Queen, and Hachi were frozen in place, with the latter having a different reason as to why.

'Joker-san is extremely sleep-deprived right now! With his fatigue, he might reveal his-!', but before Hachi could finish the thought, Joker did exactly what he hoped he didn't.

He removed his weights.  

Spade and Queen watched in shock as Hachi panicked in the background. 

The moment Joker removed the weights, he started floating upward, and if that wasn't freaky enough for Spade and Queen, he also started sleeping on the ceiling as if he did this multiple times.

"WHAT THE-", but Spade and Queen were silenced by Hachi. "Leave Joker-san be.", started Hachi. "He hasn't slept in a few days."

"But-"

"No 'buts'"

Hachi went out of the room for a few minutes, coming back with a ladder that could reach the ceiling and put it against the wall. "Joker-san will most likely wake up later this afternoon, so be patient. He's been up for days."

Hachi then proceeded to make tea. As he made the tea, Hachi sighed and thought, 'This is going to be a long day.'

Later That Day, Afternoon...

Queen, Spade, and Hachi were right under Joker talking about nothing in particular, waiting for Joker to wake up when a loud yawn resounded throughout the whole room.