『BEST FRIEND』

『A Noriaki Kakyoin x Fem!Reader』

—————

"Don't be shy, Y/n! Smile!" You slap your little soft cheeks as you prep yourself for your first day of elementary at a new school. You were only little and didn't have any friends due to moving to Japan.

It was quiet.

The silence as soon broken as your mom laughed as she saw your red little cheeks.

"Y/n, sweetie, don't do that! I'm sure the other kids are gonna love you!" She kneels and hugs you tight. The teacher opens the door.

"Come on, introduce yourself to the class." After taking a final glance at your mother, you waddled to the front of the classroom. You stood in a pretty (f/c) pinafores dress with a cute white turtleneck underneath, you wore frilly white socks and black velcro Mary-Jane type shoes. Your hair was basically to your mother's control at this point, (h/c) locks, only reaching into a messy bob with bangs, a bumblebee clip snapped onto the left side.

"Hi, I'm Y/n L-"

"In Japanese..." you blushed with embarrassment and bowed.

"S-sorry!" You turned onto the class "my name is L/n Y/n! I can speak English and Japanese, I am 6 years old!" You bowed to them.

It's quiet again.

You don't even want to look up.

Will it be the same?

Will they laugh?

Will it hurt?

Will it hurt inside again?

"It's nice to meet you, L/n-chan!" The silence was broken again, but by a cherry headed boy. You look up to see him smile at you, you hadn't noticed his approach due to keeping your head down. He put his hand out to you and you slowly took it. He shook vigorously and introduced himself throughout the shake. "I'm Kakyoin Noriaki! I'm also 6!"

"It's nice to meet you too..."

"We're gonna be the best of friends, so you can sit next to me!"

You giggled as his hair bounced with his every movement, you felt you arm being dragged down to the carpet so you sat, the red-head sending a beaming smile as you looked at him.

You asked to be my best friend on day one.

Break time came along and the teacher was handing out boxes of juice, you politely accepted your drink along side Kakyoin. You both stayed sat on the carpet, as a crowd of members of your class circled round. You shyly held into your new bestie as you took a long slip on juice from your carton.

"Can you really speak English and Japanese?!" When you nodded, everyone started reacting like it was a superpower to speak both languages.

Your mom was from Japan but your Dad was from (country) but he mostly spoke English for his international job.

"You're scaring her! Give her some space." Kakyoin defended you, noticing the fact you were gripping his arm. Most of them left to go outside but some stayed indoors, but the most important fact is that they let you be. You released your grip on Kakyoin's arm and smiled at him, he smiled back of course. "Wanna meet my other friend?" You nodded slowly.

The next thing you knew, there was a green think there.

"Power ranger?" You asked but he just started to laugh, which you joined it.

"He's my imaginary friend... but you can see him!" You turned your head from the boy to the imaginary friend. "He doesn't talk though... he's been my only friend really." You felt something in your chest, you felt sorry for him.