I don't care if he suddenly feels someway about me. He left me all alone. I can't just let him back into my life while I'm still hurting. Closure for me was never about earning his love back because I needed closure for the anger and pain I felt before that would be possible. There were still things that I wished I could ask.

Have you kissed Irene that way before, Taehyung?

I squeeze my eyes shut tightly.

Were you cheating on me before the accident?

"All done, would you like a bottle of wine?" The housekeeper kindly held up the dark bottle on her way out.

I start to object, "No, n-"

"It's complimentary!" She happily sets it beside me on the table.

I decide not to fight her on it, "Thank you."

After she leaves the room, I grab the bottle and make my way to the couch, deciding to turn the TV on for some background noise. As I sit down, I feel something dig into my hip and when I look, I see the same orange bottle from yesterday.

I carefully pick it up, my heart beating wildly as I turn it over to read the label. When I first saw this, my mind traveled to the worst thing possible: that the "C" word had come back, that it was all a big joke and he actually had it.

Searching up the drug on my phone, my hands trembled, only relaxing when I read that it's a small dose of Zolpidem, used for insomnia. Dropping it out of my hands, I run my fingers through my hair, sniffling.

Thank god.

Thank god it isn't something bad.

But why was Taehyung having trouble sleeping?

A soft beep indicates that the door has unlocked and I quickly compose myself before Taehyung enters the room.

I check the time, surprised that he came back so soon. I thought there would be more time to prepare myself for when I see him again.

He ducks his head down as he closes the door behind him, placing his bag on one of the hooks by the door.

It'll be awkward if I move, but I really just want to sprint back into my room.

I become aware that I'm on his bed and stand up, hiding the wine bottle behind my back, although not too well.

Taehyung's line of vision goes straight to it, his eyes rising to my own.

"What's that?" He asks in a whisper.

I reveal the bottle and shake my head as if it's nothing.

He turns towards the table at my untouched food.

"You didn't eat..."

"Did you?"

Taehyung looks tired and I'm not sure if I'm just noticing now that I know or if he's more tired than usual. Has he also been eating?

Taehyung's eyebrows go up. "Not yet, but I'll pick up something when I head back to the conference."

I can't help but frown at that answer.

He walks over to the couch and takes a seat, licking his lips before he glances my way, making me realize that I'm still standing here. 

I head back towards the room until he calls my name, making me look his way once more.

"It's not over."

I hold onto the edge of the door tightly.

He shrugs a shoulder, "I mean the conference. There's still one more day."

My heart drops.

"But only I have to stay, you can go back home if you want to..I'll make sure to drop you off safely at the airport and call for someone to pick you up."

Leaving would be best for me, but I'm left wondering if he'll be okay all alone.

"That would probably be for the best," I respond.

Taehyung's eyes dart, his teeth capturing his bottom lip, the way his lashes flutter not going unmissed,  "Unless you wanted to stay."

My eyes widen.

I play with the door, thinking about it. If I leave, things would go back to the way things were between us. I would go back to working in the office and only seeing him in passing. This would all be a memory one day. 

But what if I stay?

"It's up to you, but just so you know..." Taehyung lifts his legs on the couch as he leans into the pillow, hands tucked under his cheek,

"..I hope you stay."

________________________________

Authors note;;

Hi everyone! This chapter took me a little bit longer to write. Were any of you waiting for my usual update? I was on a streak! I read all your comments for the past two chapters and they made me so happy! I think that's why I update so fast. I've become addicted!

Not sure if a lot of you know, but I created a Spotify with all my book playlists. Feel free to check it out at: https://open.spotify.com/user/angel1m

Until next time :)