Kaydence

"How come you never told us your mom was Alex Morgan?!"

"Because she's not Heather!"

"But these pictures say otherwise?"

"Dude, trust me that's not me."

.............................

"Hey mom!" I yell from upstairs. We ran out of toilet paper and I need it.. but I hear no one. She's probably outside, and I left my phone in the couch downstairs. I sit in contemplate for what seems like an hour.

"Adrian honey! Are you okay? You've been in there for a while" I hear my mom finally approaching. When she knocks I tell her to come in. I must have looked at her like she puts the stars in the sky, cause she gives me a confused look.

"I need toilet paper" I tell her bluntly. She laughs but nods, she leaves the bathroom. When she comes back, I do my business.

"Hey the doctor called, they have it ready. Want to go pick up so you can give it a try?" Mom asks me, while she types away at her phone. Mom requested a specific prosthetic leg for me to be able to play. Specifically for soccer. It cost a lot to make it but my mom wouldn't take no for an answer.

.......................

"Every at the school is acknowledging you more then ever now"

"It's annoying. You know I don't like people, and here they come saying hi to me all because of some pictures. I was literally here the entire fuckin year and I don't have a prosthetic leg"

.........................

"How does it feel?"

"Pretty good" I tell him as I walk with it. Is it weird that I get excited to try on a new leg? I have 4 of them. For certain things. I can't run on a track with this new leg, but I have one that I can on. I have a back up one, and now this one. I look to my mom,

"Thanks mom" I tell her, as I walk over to give her a hug. She's been helping me, and I've gotten better. I've been using my regular leg to play, but it's not durable. Now I can run better on grass.

.........................

"How was practice yesterday?"

"It sucked as usual.. for the guys!"

"Dude your going to be the best Wide Receiver this school has ever had"

.............................

"Hey mom you know what's weird? Some people have commented on the picture you posted calling me Kaydence" I tell her as I keep scrolling through comments.

"Yeah I thought that was weird too"