Back In Highschool-- CALM

Third Person

"What do I have next?" Jamie asks her best friend, who reads it off her timetable which is stuck to the inside of her locker door.

“Art, World History then physics with me!" Luke reads to her.

"Aw damn, I already had maths with you. I think one subject with you is enough for a day, don't you?" Jamie teases Luke, smirking.

"Oh no Jamie love. I don't think you can ever get enough of me. I know you’re secretly in love with the 'Hemmo'." Luke wiggles his eyebrows and they chuckle.

"Hey Jamie baby and homo." Luke's skin crawls and he cringes when he hears Michael's aggravating voice. Luke and Jamie turn to face the blond grey eyed boy.

"It's Hemmo, but to you it’s Hemmings." Luke says between clenched teeth.

"That's funny, Homo suits you perfectly." Michael says, smirking.

"Michael...." Says a voice from behind him, in a warning tone.

"Yeah Cal, I'm coming." Michael answers his best friend, Calum. "See you around babe."

He and Calum walk off, Michael laughing like a psyco, Calum just shaking his head disapprovingly. Luke, in anger, slams Jamie's lock close almost nicking her in the process.

"Whoa, calm down big boy." Jamie raises her hands in defence.

"I'm sorry Jamie, it's just that Michael is such an asshole and gets under my skin." Luke rubs his temples using one hand.

"Why'd you say that?" Jamie genuinely asks.

"Excuse me; did you not hear the part where he called me homo?" Luke raises an eyebrow.

"What's wrong with being gay, and how is being gay offensive?" Jamie curiously wonders.

"Nothing and it's not, but I'm not gay and Michael calls me that with bad intentions." Luke sighs.

"I suppose, but ignore it. Those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter. Focus on people that matter Lukey. Like me! We are best friends and I love you dearly, so don't waist energy on someone who means nothing to you." Jamie lectures Luke, to which he just smiles.

"Uh, but you see Jamie, no one is as kind and rational as you."

"Well then it's a good thing you have me, to do it for you. Others aren't as lucky." She mocks cockily.

"Right you are Jay. I'm one lucky guy." Luke slings his arm over Jamie's shoulder and walks her to her art class, laughing and joking around.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Did I just see you talking to Michael?" Luke interrogates Jamie as she sits down in their spot for lunch.

"Yeah, Mrs Gibbs asked me to tutor him in maths." Jamie responds nonchalantly. Luke groans out loud.

"Can't you ask Mrs Gibbs if someone else can do it?"

"Oh come on Luke. Firstly stop being so irrational. Michael isn't so bad, he is actually really friendly. And secondly, this someone else she could get to tutor him is you, so I think I did you a solid."

"And I'm grateful Jay, but of course he is nice to you. You're and amazing girl." Luke huffs.

"And you're an amazing guy, and I think you guys could be great friends." Luke looks at Jamie's glowing and happy face. He so badly wants to believe her, but he just doesn't like Michael at all and never will.