And with that, the Abnegation leader Marcus started to say names of children who should be choosing their new or old faction.

"Marlene Matthews" Marcus's voice woke me up from my thoughts.

I walked down to him and took the knife from my mother. She smiled at me warmly  but i didn't return the gesture, and went to the five bowls that represented each faction.

Quickly I made a deep cut in my palm, which to my surprise didn't hurt as bad as I thought it would, and dropped my blood on the burning coals.

"Dauntless!" Yelled Marcus over the crowd of cheering Dauntless.

I'm not sure if I should look to my mom, or dad and Lukas.

I started to walk away and turned around to look at my dad and Lukas. My dad had a big smile across his face which was strange because I thought he would be pissed off. But Lukas, he looked hurt. His eyes began to look watery and he mouthed to me "Congrats Marlene.".

Not long after that the Ceremony finished and Dauntless began to literally run away first.

I felt a smile creeping on my face as I ran down the stairs and out of the hub. Everyone is so loud and happy. Everything I ever wanted to be but was never aloud to show.

They all began to pull themselves up to the train station which wasn't exactly train station because train never stopped.

Oh my, now we have to jump onto this moving train..

I looked around myself to see Dauntless-borns starting to run as the train appeared around the corner.

Transfers looked like they just saw a ghost. Well I knew what to expect. I started running along with the Dauntless-borns and pulled myself easily in the second car.

I looked around myself to see only Dauntless borns and one Erudite boy who I've never seen before.

"Ohoho, what are you doing here Nose?" Said one of the Dauntless borns boys.

"Well I think that's hardly your business what I'm doing here, and I have a name." I answered bitterly. Who the hell he thinks he is talking to me like that?

"Feisty. I like that." He smiled at me, his eyes running up and down my body.

"Well I happen not to be interested in your likes and dislikes." I said sternly, slightly moving towards the Erudite boy.

I am maybe brave on words but this guy is scary as hell, with that creepy smile and wicked look in his eyes.

"Leave the girl alone Pitt." Said a girl with a bright red hair approaching us.

"But I didn't do anything Emma." He wined.

"Don't pay attention to him. He just loves to play games with the initiates. I'm Emma by the way." She said warmly and shaked my hand.

"Get ready." And with that, both of them left not giving me a chance to say anything.

Get ready? For what?

As he could read my thoughts the Erudite boy yelled to me over the wind

"They're jumping on the roof!"

"What?!" I said in shock. Well very smart of them.

"Wanna jump together on three?" Boy asked me again.

"Yeah. Thanks."

"Okay, on three. One..Two..Three!"

And with that he took my hand and pulled me towards the door.

We jumped and I felt like the time has stopped and we were suspended in air. It was really high. And then I  took in his appearance.

He had brown hair,short, but long enough for me to see it's curly. He was much taller than me, so you could say he was really tall, but his eyes were something that caught my attention. He had dark brown, almost black eyes with a golden ring around his pupils. They were total opposite of mine.

As we fell down on the rooftop, I pulled myself from my thoughts.

We landed on some kind of little sharp rocks and as we looked at each other we started laughing.

We did it. I did it.

"We just jumped out of a freaking moving train to an eleven stories building!" I said in shock

"Yeah, we kinda did." The boy said with a smile on his face.

"Hey, what's your name?" I asked him as he started to walk away.

"Liam." He said simply and walked away.

A.N
She's going to meet Eric soon, like in next chapter, and that's when the real story starts.
Please don't forget to vote and comment, it means nothing to you guys, but it means a lot to me, so please :)
Lena :)