Chapter 15: Farewell, Leonardo

Chapter 15

Y/n's POV

After a short while of my and Leo's "staring contest" Mikey started to ask questions.

"Y/N!" He exclaimed and hugged me, Leo leaned in the doorway, watching my every move. Mikey grabbed me by my shoulders, "Where did you go? Why did you go? What happened? What makes you come back so late?" I just grinned at his childishness. 'I missed him.' I moved my eyes away from him to the floor with a straight face, 'There's no time for this... Family/friends stuff, soldier! I don't know which idiot made you go here in the first place!' My itty bitty voice in my head yelled at myself. It was some kind of my conscience. 'The winter is coming, and we have to prepare!' Unfortunately, it was behaving like a soldier. 'They'll leave to New York, and then what? Huh? If you stay, you're screwed' It said. Part of me agreed... I looked at all of them. They were watching me. Some with confusion, some with worry and care. I locked my eyes with Leo's blue ones; ...But the other part wanted to stay with them. They were someone she missed for a long while. When she asked they answered, when she was careless they cared for her when she did something stupid they helped her out. I shrugged it off. 'I have to behave like myself, and early in the morning, I'll leave. This time leaving a note for them.'

"Y'know, just went home to feed under-bed monsters," I smirked. "And look what I found." I went out, grabbed my bag and back inside. I opened my duffle bag and took out Mikey's nunchuck.

"My nunchuck!" He shouted and took it from me. "I was wondering where'd I put it, this time." He laughed.

TIMESKIP

I sat at the porch, everyone sleeping, or at least I thought so.

"Why are you still up?" I heard from the doorway a very familiar voice.

"Can't sleep." I lied. Without Leo's voice, I would be asleep right now.

"Doesn't seem like that to me." He chuckled softly and sat next to me. I moved away to make more space for him, leaving a slight gap between us.

"Whatever you say, Reptile boy." I smiled and looked up at the night sky. I could say that he was looking at me. Then he spoke up.

"Why did you leave?" He whispered not to wake up anyone. I sighed.

"I..." 'If I tell him, he won't let me go... But I don't want to lie.' "I can't stay. The winter is coming and I have almost nothing done. I have to hunt enough food for me and Newt, I have to isolate the house because last year the cold got inside and I had ice in the corners." Leo looked sorry for me as I went on and on with my 'to-do list'. "-Then I must-"

"Y/n." He cut me off and looked straight into my e/c eyes. "We're leaving back home to New York City, in 3 days." He took my hands. I looked at them and back into his eyes. "Come with us."

I was speechless.

"We will think something out about what to do with Lucas and Newt. Maybe they could come with you." He said desperately, raising hope in his voice. "You wouldn't have to do any of the things you said. You'll be warm. No more work, no more starving, no more surviving, no more forests." His eyes were sparkling with joy and hope. I shut my eyes and stood up, rubbing my arms. He fell silent and got up from the bench and went behind me. He turned me to face him. "You'll have a family, again." He whispered.

I couldn't stay. I couldn't attach myself to them more than I was. But it was killing me to watch his eyes full of joy and said the one, most hurtful thing I ever said:

"No." I breathed out.

His eyes widened and all of the joy was gone. He was hurt, and sad. Very. I almost cried at the sight. "I can't. Sorry." I whispered. I took my bag from the ground next to the bench and head to the barn. I felt tears on my cheeks. Leo was stunned. He just watched.