Ikki pt 2

It had been a few years since you last saw Ikki and you hadn't heard from him either. You had gone to train in (random country) and had little hope that he even still remembered you. One day, you received a letter from a girl named Esmerelda on Death Queen Island. If you remembered right, that's where Ikki was sent.

You packed your things and headed there in a hurry. Upon arrival, you could tell this place fit its name. The air was gloomy and smelled of blood and death. You had no idea why anyone would wanna come here.

"Excuse me, are you (Y/n)?" A soft voice said. You turned to see a girl around your age with blonde hair and green eyes, she was very pretty. You nodded yes to her question.

"Oh thank the gods! Please, follow me." She said before running off. You followed her easily. She led you to a door way that led underground. You looked at her suspiciously.

"He mentioned you a few times and I knew I had to bring you here, now more than ever." You were even more confused now. Please, see for yourself." She seemed genuinely concerned for who ever was down there, so you went, knowing that your strength as a saint could help you if needed.

As you neared the  bottom, you could hear someone crying in pain. You could barely see them, but you could make out a male figure.

"Hello?" You called to him.

"Esmerelda?" He answered in a deep voice.

"No, not exactly." He then lit the single candle he had, his face coming into full view. Both of you had equally surprised faces when you saw each other. 

"(Y/n)?!" 

"Ikki?!"

You moved toward the male and hugged him before he had time to react. He was even more shocked when he realized that you were real and not a figment of his imagination. He slowly closed his arms around you, cherishing the fact you were actually there.

"I-I don't understand. How are here? How did you find me?" He asked

"That girl, Esmerelda. She sent me a letter and told me to come here right away. I've been so worried about you since I never heard from you." You pulled away and got a good look at him. He had definitely grown and matured over the years, but he looked exhausted and had many scars including a very visible one on his face. You felt so much pain for him. "What are they doing to you here?" You said as you cupped him face.

Ikki couldn't even bring himself to be embarrassed. His eyes welled up with tears as he recalled all the pain he went through. "The training, its more like torture. My master wants me to hate everything and use that as power. But I can't, and I get punished for it." He cried more, you just hugged him again and tried your best to comfort him. 

You two sat there for a while, Ikki crying while you consoled him. He soon stopped and pulled his head from your shoulder to look at you.

"I'm really happy you're here, but you need to leave before my master sees you. He won't be happy." He said, but his eyes said they wanted you to stay.

"I promise, I'll be back soon." You said. "And Ikki, you are stronger than any hate. Prove that to your master." You quickly kissed his cheek before placing something in his hand before running out to meet Esmerelda.

"How'd it go? You were down there a long time." She asked.

"My I ask you to send me updates on him once in a while?" You asked her. She was surprised but nodded. She could tell whatever happened, it was a good thing. "I'll visit again soon, take care yourselves." You said before boarding the ship that had brought you there.

With Ikki

After you were gone, Ikki could feel the warmth from your kiss on his cheek. He looked to see what you had placed in his hand. It was note, folded in half. He opened and smiled at the message and it gave him hope.

'Pinky Promise.'