4 | Tracking Down the Hacker

Start from the beginning

"She probably went to pick up something from her backyard," Yoongi pulls Jin back by the arm annoyedly, preventing the boy last minute from sneaking behind the lady. "Have some manners you idiot!" He smacks Jin's head sourly, having to cover his mouth in regret right after because Jin is an idiot who will reflexively whine at anything. 

Frustration increasing second by second, Jungkook can't say he is less than startled when the little boy's head suddenly peaks from the corner of that same wall, blinking weirdly at the disoriented group. His head ducks automatically in confusion, trying to make sure that the little boy is now pointing at him.

"Me?" Jungkook mouths, own hand coming to point at himself.

The little boy facepalms.

"What are you guys waiting for?" he asks with voice just as soft as himself, half-slurred half-audible. He sighs when everyone exchanges eye contact unsurely, waving his hand in his direction. "Come!"

Jungkook clears his throat.

"I totally knew we had to follow her. Everyone's a nitwit in here." he shamelessly complains, leading the way in complete ignorance of the betrayed expression of the team, Yoongi and Jin for openers.

Fool's paradise come to life, Jungkook can say he finally hit the jackpot. Something apparently decided to go right in his life for which good deed he doesn't remember doing. He must have, at some point in his life. Because boy, that is one blond beauty in his natural habitat and Jungkook has stepped into said habitat. 

That can't be no other but Jimin.

"Don't get me wrong, but I seriously love you right now," Yoongi whispers with a gone smile, which is pretty awkward because did he just confess to Jimin at whom he is staring, or to Jin whose hand he is persistently holding unto? If Jungkook studies hard enough, maybe he might even take on the confession since he is standing next to Yoongi too. "That's fucking him!"

Jungkook might be side-tracking conversations but honestly? He doesn't give a fuck. That is Jimin right there, sitting at the picnic table under the shadow of the wicker patio umbrella, sipping on some coffee-colored drink as he interchangeably goes through his notes and computer and Jungkook doesn't have a growing head bump this once — so he is pretty much openly ready to admit to himself that he likes what he is seeing, to an unhealthy degree.

"Legend of the blue sea..." Minji sighs from his other side, Jungkook's eyes perking up. She grins dreamily. "I'm just saying... If Lee Min-ho got sick and he needed a replacement, I wouldn't mind watching Jimin run the legend."

Jungkook doesn't particularly like hearing that, however he is not going to bother arguing with some random female student about Jimin's grace (not because he wouldn't mind a Jimin legend either).

As the little boy loiters around in the garden, the lady talks to Jimin, whose attention finally catches their group. He squints his eyes, trying to make out the strangers and visibly decides he doesn't know any of them. Jungkook feels awfully stupid, because why is he even here? Does he realize what he is just going to propose to Jimin? Fuck, Jimin is gonna throw them out!

Breathe, Jungkook reminds himself. Jimin is walking in their direction.

The closer he gets the more desperate Jungkook realizes he becomes to make eye contact. It finally does happen but it's nothing illusory as he intended to be, as Jimin equally distributes his attention between everyone and Jungkook wants to pout at his luck.