9. d

It's just as bad as I thought, maybe even worse. Every corner we turn there are demons beating each other, screaming, fighting and fucking. I didn't think poverty was a thing down here, but I've seen countless smaller demons looking at us with their big eyes, probably wondering if we can give them food before they starve to death. It's awful. 

Yoongi doesn't pay much attention to me either, so I'm just kind of following him around. I don't know what's going through his head. Does he want to kill me? Is he planning on kidnapping me? An angel is a rare thing and seemingly he doesn't get along well with Satan either. He could try to take me just to make him mad. I was pretty damn stupid to come with him out here, but I still need to figure out where the portal is located. I haven't had much luck with that though. We've only been patrolling around the city right outside the castle and I highly doubt the portal is around here. It must be pretty far away considering how long it took for me to arrive with the carriage. I'm not even completely sure which direction I came from.

"Um, how much longer are we gonna be out here?" I ask Yoongi who's walking several meters ahead of me. Somehow he hears me over the loud screaming everywhere and turns around a little to look at me with his yellow eyes.

"What do you mean? We've barely even started," he responds with a cheeky grin. "We gotta check the entire city before I can send you back, unless you want to go on your own of course."

I shake my head at the suggestion since there's no way I'd be able to make it back alive on my own. The demons are kept in check because of Yoongi's intimidating presence, but me alone would be like begging them to kill me.

"What are we even looking for? I've already seen one devil getting murdered and you didn't bat an eye."

"We don't care about things like that. If they want to kill then they're free to do so, they'll only be reborn down here again either way. These patrols are meant to keep the citizens in check to make sure they don't plan any revolts or something."

"Oh. What do you do if you find someone plotting something then?"

"Torture them to make them tell who their companions are and then publicly execute them of course."

I should've figured. I guess I'll be better off trying to kill Satan on my own then. Getting involved with gangs would only increase the risk of me getting busted and killed before I can get out of here. Not like I'll get many chances to leave the castle anyways. Me being out here is somewhat of a miracle actually. Satan just let me go. I wonder why. 

We walk into a new street and I immediately notice how the demons around here don't even bother trying to keep their hungry eyes off of me. From the looks of it we're in an even poorer area than before and I guess the intelligence of the inhabitants is lower as well. I subconsciously walk closer to Yoongi as some demons make threatening gestures at me with evil grins. They drool as they take in the sight of my wings and I feel myself tensing up. This isn't good. 

"Hey, isn't it about time we start heading back already?" I say to Yoongi, but when there's no answer I quickly realize that he's gone. I look around in a hurry to see where he went, but he must've disappeared into thin air because I see now that I'm trapped between a stone wall and countless of lusting demons. I slowly back closer to the wall while desperately trying to find a trace of Yoongi, but as the hoard of demons approach I scratch that idea to figure out an escape plan instead.

I'm not stupid. I've memorized the way back to the castle, so if I can get past these monsters I might make it back in one piece. Maybe. 

"Isn't this the angel from the broadcast?" one of them says. "I barely recognized him with these royal clothes. The king had a lot of fun with him, so why don't we have some fun too?"