Chapter 13 ~ I am damaged

Start from the beginning

"Shut up and stay quiet." Rumlow whispers in my ear.

I smirk at him. "You know me better than that Rumlow. What in your right mind thinks I'll stay quiet?"

"How 'bout a bullet in your head?" He threatens.

I was going to retort but then Bucky speaks.

"The man on the bridge. Who was he?"

"His name is Steven Rogers. You knew him your whole life." I say to him. He looks at me with lost eyes. What have they done to him?

Rumlow puts pressure on my broken knee. I hold in a scream because I know he just wants a reaction.

"I said stay quiet." He says harshly.

"You met him earlier this week on another assignment," Pierce says to him.

"Lies!" I say.

"I knew him," Bucky says with a lost face. He looks like a lost puppy and it makes me sad seeing him like this.

Pierce sits in front of him. "Your work has been a gift to mankind. You shaped the century, and I need you to do it one more time. Society is at a tipping point between order and chaos. Tomorrow morning we're gonna give it a push. But, if you don't do your part, I can't do mine, and HYDRA can't give the world the freedom it deserves."

"You call killing millions freedom?" I ask in disbelief.

They ignore me of course.

"But I knew him," Bucky says to Pierce, looking heartbroken.

Pierce gets up and walks over to a scientist. "Prep him."

"He's been out of cryo-freeze too long." The scientist replies.

"Then wipe him and start over." Pierce answers.

Wipe him? Are they really brainwashing him? He really didn't kill my parents and Brian because he wasn't in control of his own mind then. It still makes me mad that I know he killed them but also didn't at the same time though.

Pierce turns to me. "And someone put a cast on that knee. It's disturbing."

Rumlow picks me up harshly, carrying me out of the room. I hear Bucky scream in pain as we leave.

"Bucky!" I squirm in Rumlow's arms but there is nothing I can do.

He takes me to a cell that must be really old because it was dirty and rusty. Rumlow practically throws me down once inside the cell. I wince in pain because he threw me down on my snapped knee. He walks out, locking the cell behind him. After a few minutes he comes back with a cast for my leg. He walks into my cell, bending down to my height. Rumlow then takes my leg and roughly puts it back in place.

"SON OF A MOTHER TRUCKING NAZI!" I practically scream when he snaps my leg back in place and I punch him across the face.

It was a good right hook. Rumlow touches his lip to see it bleeding and then looks back at me with a murderous look.

"You're lucky you're gonna be useful to us or else you would already have a bullet in your head." He growls and roughly puts the cast on my leg.

What does he mean useful for them? Are they going to brainwash me like they did to Bucky? Oh hell no, I'm not having anybody taking over my mind no thanks. Been there, done that.

Rumlow then leaves, locking the cell behind him and leaving me all alone. My stomach growls very loudly. If I don't get any food soon I'll probably die before they can brainwash me. I go to the bed that's in the cell and lay on it. It's very uncomfortable, but I think I'll manage. I drift off to sleep, trying to forget about my hunger.