Chapter 5

I got up off the bench and laid down in the center of a field in the park thinking about what had just happened. I had seen my brother for the first time in years, he hadn't recognized me even though we looked very close to the same. I had my dad's blond hair, well our dad's. I was born a Tomlinson but Louis and I where exactly the same talking biologically. My mom had an affair with our dad and here I am. That's one of the reasons I think mom doesn't like me. Louis and I had the same cerulean blue eyes. Not many people had our eyes. Lottie always said she was jealous of my blue eyes since she had brown ones.

I saw someone lay down next to me.

"Can you take me to that one Ferris wheel?" Mckayla asked.

"I was wondering when you were going to ask. It's called the London Eye. It's really big and fun. So do we walk or do we take the bus. Your choice?" I asked. I always like waking to the London Eye because I knew a way to get there quicker but that's what I get for living in England all my life.

"Let's walk. I'll get to see London from how a British person who see it. It would be different than the tour bus that took the other girls earlier today. I wanted to go with you," Mckayla said.

"Awww. Thanks but you could have to gone if you wanted too. I wouldn't have been mad. I used to come here often. I have an aunt who lives here. She was the one who told my mom to put my in gymnastics," I said as I got up from the grass. The park was perfect. There were so many competitors here. People talking in French to the left. It was amazing or as Louis was say "Amazayn". Louis could act like a kid but when it came to us he really was an older bother and somehow was sometimes still able to act like a kid.

I reached my hand out to Mckayla and helped her up. The two of us walked out of the park and out of the Olympic village. The main streets,we're crowded with people from all over the place but once I heard the English accents it felt a bit more like home. Not quite the same though because it didn't sound like the people from Doncaster. Which used to be home. The people all around the Olympic stadiums didn't notice that we were American Olympic competitors. We looked like normal people in shorts and a t-shirt. Normal teenage girls who where in London with a group of people at the Olympic village.

The two of us walked out of the Olympic village into the main city of London. I picked at the light blue nail polish that I had put on my nails last night. I would be taking it off on two days for the first of the Olympic games but for the opening ceremonies I would add red and white. The same as the rest of the girls. We also would wear our U.S.A. team clothes that they had given to us for the opening and closing ceremonies. Tonight would be fun too because we got to pick the leotards that we wanted to use for the individual events, the team events, the USA competitions to get into the all around and into individual events, and the all-around events. They where long-sleeved and multiple colors. We wanted to wear the white one, the red one, and the pink one. The white one would be for our individual events and for the trials to make it in. Pink for the all around and red for our team events. We couldn't wait until this all started.

"I heard Louis was in the village," Mckayla said while we were walking down the street that led straight down to the London Eye.

"Yeah. I know," I replied hoping that Mckayla wouldn't ask how I knew. I just needed some time to think about how my own brother could walk right into his sister and not notice her. What kind of brother is that. I mean I know I look different but Louis always knows who I am. He has never failed to see me.

"How?" Mckayla asked me. It was a question that I dreaded yet knew I had to answer.

"He ran into me in the park but didn't know it was me. He just helped me up and said bye," I said.