Chapter One

Chapter One: Welcome to the Jungle.

"Sometimes it's the smallest decisions that can change your life forever." - Keri Russell

-

"Welcome to the jungle

We've got fun 'n' games

We got everything you want

Honey, we know the names

We are the people that can find

Whatever you may need"

 "Is this really necessary?" My mom tries to suppress her smile as the music plays throughout the entire building.

 "If you got the money, honey," Tony sings the next line to my mom, "And yes, we have to welcome our new roommates. God, that sounds awful, we need to think of a better term for them."

 "Neighbors?" I suggest.

 "There it is," Tony points at me with a snap, looking down at the ground. I chuckle in response.

 Today is the official moving day into the Avengers Tower in Manhattan. Clint, Natasha, Steve, and Bruce will all be moving here. Of course Tony has a level for Thor, but we all doubt he'll be around much. For the past week, my mom and I have been here helping to finish the final touches inside of the building. Tony insisted that the interior had a woman's personal touch, so he put my mom in charge of paint colors and the customization of each apartment. The week was spent ordering a crew of men to move furniture in eight rooms. The two of us also picked out color schemes and decorations for each of the Avengers' floors to add the intitmate, individualized feel for his or her new homes. My mom complained a little bit how it would be easier to hire an interior decorator, but I thought it was fun. Tony stayed behind in Los Angeles along with Doctor Banner. Bruce had been staying with us for the last month we spent in California. The two of them flew in last night just in time for the fun to begin.

 I think I speak for everyone when I say that I am very interested on how all of us living together is going to work out. I doubt there will be any serious animosity, but all of us are completely opposite people. Sometimes even the closest companions cannot spend too much time together. That is the beauty of everyone having their own home within a home, though; each person has their own space. Despite all of that said, Tony and I have made a bet on which two will start fighting first. I said it will be Clint and Natasha; Tony said it would be Steve and Clint.

 "Really?" Natasha mentions Tony's music choice as she and Clint step off of the elevator.

 "It's the welcoming committee, " Tony smirks.

 "And I got to say, Stark, you picked one hell of a day to move," Natasha unzips her  coat.

 "It wasn't supposed to be snowing," Tony defends himself as Natasha pulls off her beanie.

 "It was icy!" Clint pulls off his leather gloves, "I slipped on a patch of ice as soon as I stepped out of the car. Nat didn't even help me up!"

 "You are more than capable of getting up yourself," Natasha rolls her eyes.

 "But it is still a polite thing to do. Then as soon as I stood up, you run over my foot with your rock of a suitcase! Seriously, I thought you were a light-packer."

 "It is not that heavy, quit whining."

 "You owe me ten bucks," I tell Tony.

 "Eugh," Tony begrudgingly pulls out his wallet.