Chapter Six: Guardian Snape

Start from the beginning

After a silent breakfast, I grab my money pouch, knowing that I will need more. I also grab a medium-sized, normal-looking, black cotton bag. It was a muggle bag, but it had an Undetectable Extension Charm on it so I could use it in both worlds. It would hold most of the shopping today. I then place a few bottles of water, each with a cooling charm on, in the bag. Double checking that I didn't need anything more, I head back downstairs. Once down, I go into the dining room to find the duo, to see they have disappeared. I check the living room, and they were not there either. In the end, I summon Harbey to ask, and he replies that they were in Potter's room. I ask him to bring them back down; he disappears immediately. He comes back a few minutes later with them trailing behind. "Showing off your new room, Potter?" I jest and the duo reddens slightly.

"His room is brilliant, Sir," Granger says trying to make the situation less embarrassing. I then reply

"Well, you will see if you like your room. Once we return from shopping." I then turn and walk towards the front door. I hear them following me. I lead the up the shortish pathway, then come to a stop, just outside of the manor's wards. "Both of you grab an arm and hold on tight. I am going to apparate to our first stop." They do as I say and I count to three, out loud then apparate away.

I apparate to one of the apparition points, just around the corner from Gringotts. They let go, they look a bit unsteady on their feet and a bit green. "It is an effect from side apparition. It will only happen for the first few times." I reassure them, though they didn't look very convinced. After a minute of them taking a few steady breaths, they go back to their usual colour. Then we were on our way to Gringotts. I walk up to an available goblin and tell him my request. I then hand him my key, and he calls for a cart runner, named Kartrak. Then I tell the duo to wait in the lobby and not to wander off. I would take them with me, but my vault is deep down, near the dragons and vaults are confidential, only to be shared with who you trust. Besides Goblins like children, they will make sure they don't leave, hopefully. They like happy customers.

Kartrak showed me to an empty cart and drove it to my vault. I hate these things, like a muggle roller coaster. After a quick ride, I hand Kartrak my key, and he opens my vault. My family vault, is a bit lower down in Gringotts, I don't use it often. With my Hogwarts job and the potions sold to private Apothecaries, who want quality potions from a master, I was considered well off without my family vault. I quickly take roughly 200 gallons (£995.99) worth and place it into my money pouch. I was going to convert some of it into the muggle pound, Maybe about £200 worth (G20, S2, K21). Just in case we go into muggle London. They would most likely be more comfortable in muggle clothes, which was fine for when they were at mine or in London for the day. Or Granger when she was at home. After getting my coins, Kartrak and I make our way back to the surface.

Once back at the surface, I see the duo talking to a goblin in gold armour; it appeared he was showing them his sword and shield. Which was getting weird looks from the customers, I could see why. The goblins, especially armoured goblins don't interact with wizards or witches unless they need to. They take the saying time is money seriously. I go over to a teller, leaving the duo be for a few more minutes, to exchange the 200 gallons worth to pound.

Once that was done, I head over to where they were standing. The goblin seemed proud of his sword and shield it. The goblin notices me and the duo turn towards me, they both had smiles. The goblin bows and says his leave, the duo surprises me, the goblin and everyone else when they bow back at him. "It was nice to meet you, Egor." They say. The goblin, Egor bows again with a smile and leaves. It was usually unnerving when a goblin smiles.

I start to leave the bank with the duo when another goblin comes up to us. "High Vault Keeper Ragnok VII would like a quick word. Follow me." He told me and knowing it wasn't a request, I followed. Keeper Ragnok VII wasn't my vault keeper because he only oversees the most exclusive, so I assume he is Potter's. The goblin showed the duo and me to a large doorway. He knocks twice; we hear an 'ENTER'. The goblin enters and closes the door on us. I look towards the duo who have confused looks and were looking at each other. I went to say something to them when the goblin comes out and tells us to go in.