Anxiety Is Easier To Handle When I'm With You - Carlos Sainz

A/N: Was supposed to get this up earlier, but anyways, it's here! Hope you enjoy!

Requested by: f4ulouna.

Prompt: Someone with anxiety falls in love with an extremly adventures person.

Carlos POV.

"Carlos, can you bring me some water on your way back?" Lando yelled from the office when I just left it.

"Ofcourse!" I made my way to the restrooms of the factory. When I walked out and got to the little cafeteria area I saw [Y/N] behind the counter. She's been working here for about three months now.. I helped her get this job as she needed one, but is really scared to apply due to her anxiety. We've met a year ago and we became friends. That took a while though, as she isn't keen on talking with people, but slowly we got there. She looked up from the coffee she was making and smiled when she saw me.

"Hello Carlitos!" She spoke a bit louder than she normally does. That's very cute though, her voice is so pretty.

"Hello gorgeous!" Her cheeks became bright red. She's such a cutie.

"What brings you here? Don't you have a meeting?" She asked, while putting the coffee she just made on a serving plate.

"Yeah, in a few.. Lando wanted me to get him some water." She laughed and picked up the serving plate.

"I'll be right back, I have to get this to the guy sitting over there.." I nodded and she walked from behind the counter. She returned quickly and got a bottle of water out of the fridge.

"When does your shift end?" [Y/N] looked at her watch before she looked at me again.

"At 5, why?" She looked confused while I couldn't help but smile.

"We're going to do something fun! I'll be at your place around six!" I grabbed the bottle of water from the counter and walked out of the cafeteria, back to the office and into the meeting.

Checking my hair one last time, I walked out of the elevator with flowers in my hand. [Y/N]'s apartment is right here. Before I knocked I took a deep breath. I really hope that I don't mess things up with her. The door opened slightly and I saw [Y/N] peaking.

"Why did you bring flowers?" She asked shyly while opening the door.

"They're for you! Now, go put them in a vase, we're going on an adventure!" Her eyes widened and she shook her head.

"Carlos, we spoke about this before..."

"The most fun times are the unexpected ones!" She pulled a face and I laughed. Can this girl get any cuter? She finally accepted the flowers and put them in a vase.

"What are we going to do?" She asked while placing the vase on the coffee table.

"That's a surprise.." I smirked and she rolled her eyes.

"I don't know if I can do this.." She sat down on her couch and I quickly sat beside her.

"I'm sure you can, [Y/N]. " I grabbed her hands and squeezed them softly. "If you aren't having fun after half an hour I'll bring you back home." She reluctantly nodded and stood up.

"Okay, let's go then..." We walked out of her apartment, she locked the door and we got to my car. I drove us to the fair that was here this time every year. Luckily, it wasn't very busy, otherwise [Y/N] wouldn't even get out of the car... "Carlos, you know I don't like crowded places.."

"I know, but I won't leave your side and I'm sure you'll forget everyone else really quick." She sighed, but nodded.

"It's just because you're really sweet, otherwise I wouldn't do this!" She pointed her finger at me and I laughed. What an adorable girl. She hooked her arm into mine and we walked to one of the stalls that sold cotton candy, as I know she loves it.

"I can pay, Carlos.." She said when I got my wallet out.

"No... I invited you to come with me, so I'm going to pay!" I said and paid for the cotton candy. She shook her head and she suppressed a smile. There was a big crowd behind us now and [Y/N] instantly got shy. Her cheeks are flustered and she's looking down at her shoes. "Come, let's go to a less crowded place.." She nodded and her hand around my arm tightened. We walked to a bench more on the side of the fair and sat down on it.

"Can we go to the ferris wheel after we finished our cotton candy?" She shyly asked. Wow, I never expected her to say this..

"Are you sure? Aren't you afraid of heights?" She nodded and laid her head on my shoulder.

"Yeah, but I've always wanted to go onto one and with you next to me I feel safe." She said and she gave me a warm smile.

"I'm glad you do.." I replied and wrapped my arm around her. We finished our cotton candy and then got to the ferris wheel. We both were quiet until we had reached the top of the wheel and it stopped. She did hold onto me tightly the entire time.

"Wow, it's beautiful!" She said as we looked out over the fair and the fields behind it.

"Just as beautiful as you!" She laughed but didn't say anything. My arm is still wrapped around her and her head was leaning against my shoulder.

"Carlos?" I hummed in response and looked down at her. "When I'm With you, my anxiety is easier to handle. Thank you for being able to do that."

"No problem at all, darling, I'm glad I can help you with it." She sat up straight and turned to me.

"I'm going to do something crazy." She said and then her lips were on mine. Oh wow, they're so soft. If we humans didn't need air I could go on like this forever. Before I realized our lips had separated and I softly opened my eyes. Her face is red and her eyes were wide open.

"You could do something crazy more often!" She smiled and let out a breath of relief. "Let's go on adventures together!"

"Okay!" She said as we got of the ferris wheel and headed towards the parking lot, as it was late already. "Only if you promise me one thing.."

"Which is?" I asked and grabbed her hand, intertwining our fingers.

"To be by my side along those adventures!"

A/N
I hope you liked it and thanks for reading!
Xx