Meeting The Family - Max Verstappen

So it's been awhile since I published anything so here's a little bit of an explanation. Well, first I didn't have any requests and not much inspiration so that's one (requests are welcome tho :)). I started college last week and it's my first year so I need to adjust to it. I also want to focus on writing my Daniel fanfic called teacher. Then at the end of last week I had an idea for this one shot but then Saturday happened and I just couldn't write, I was just so devastated.. I thoughts are with Anthoine's family and all people involved.

[Y/N] POV.

Tuesday afternoon, Belgium. I was walking to trough the airport, making my way to the arrival hall. Max would be waiting there for me. We've been dating for a solid three months now, and today I'll meet his family. Due to school and family issues I couldn't find the time to travel much and I didn't want to bother them with flying over to Italy, where I'm currently living. But now I can come with him to the Belgian GP. And yes, I'm incredibly nervous to meet his family. My eyes locked into his blue ones and time seemed to stop. I walked faster and threw myself into his arms when he was in arm length.

"Ohh my.." Max' arms were wrapped tightly around my waist. "I missed you so much, schatje." I pressed my lips to his, finally feeling the warmth of his lips.

"I missed you too, babe!" He put me down on the ground and we stood there holding each other for a few more minutes, enjoying the feeling of being reunited. "It feels so good to finally have you in my arms again." I said before pecking his cheek.

"I just want to hold you forever..." Max grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers, leading the way to the car. "How was your flight?" Max asked as we exited the building.

"Normal, luckily enough." Max smiled, knowing that I'm a bit frightened of traveling with planes. We arrived at the car and put my bags in the trunk, getting in the passengers seat after.

"You don't have to be nervous, schatje, it's just my family." I looked at him. How can he spot it so easily when I'm nervous? Oh wait.. I'm biting my nails again.

"That's exactly the reason why I'm nervous! What if they don't like me?" I ran my hand through my hair and my leg started to bounce up and down.

"Don't worry, I'm sure they'll like you. And if they don't then they'll just have to live with it, cause I'm not breaking up with you." Okay, that's a relief.. He grabbed my hand and pressed a kiss to it, eyes still on the road. "I love you, schatje."

"I love you too." I turned our hands and pressed a kiss to his, just like he did with mine. "How long is it driving until we're there?" I asked, while yawning.

"About an hour, so you can take a nap if you want to." He laughed and turned the volume of the music down. I got comfy in the seat, still holding on to his hand, and closed my eyes.

Max woke me up with a kiss and when I opened my eyes, I saw we were in the driveway of a house. We got out of the car and grabbed my stuff from the trunk. The front door opened just as we walked up to it and his mom walked out.

"Hello!" She pulled me into a hug and held me tightly. This isn't the way I expected our meeting would be, not that I'm not happy with it. "I'm Sophie!" We broke apart from the hug and I shook her hand.

"[Y/N]!" She wrapped her arm around my shoulder and walked me inside the house.

"Max has told me so much about you.." She paused for a slight moment. "Only good things of course!" She smiled and this huge weight fell of my shoulder. A blonde girl and guy were sitting on the sofa, his sister and her boyfriend I suppose.. The stood up when they heard us walk in and walked over to us.

"Hey! I'm Victoria!" His sister smiled at me and I shook her hand.

"[Y/N]!" Victoria's boyfriend pulled me into a hug.

"Hi, I'm Tom!" We broke apart and we all sat down on the sofa.

"Jos will be at bit later, he needed to do something.." Sophie announced and Max nodded, grabbing my hand. I hope that Jos likes me, as he is really important to Max. Luckily, the meetings went well up until now. "So, [Y/N], where are you from?" Sophie asked after everyone had something to drink.

"I live in Italy at the moment, for school. But I'm born and raised in Poland." I smiled and Victoria sat up.

"Wasn't it hard to learn the language?" She asked before taking a sip of her drink.

"No, actually not. My mom is Italian and she thought me the language when I was younger so I knew quite a lot." She nodded.

"What are you studying actually?" Tom asked, while Max moved his arm around my shoulder, resting his head on the other.

"Sorry, I'm just tired.. Couldn't fall asleep last night." I wrapped my arm around his shoulder, securing him so he could sleep if he wanted to.

"Psychology, I'm studying psychology." I turned to Tom and his eyes widened.

"Wow, that's very beautiful but tough!" I nodded.

"Yeah, it is but we get extra training to make sure we can let things go." Tom nodded and Victoria started to laugh. She pointed to Max, so I looked at him. His eyes were closed and his mouth hung open, soft snores coming from him. Awh, he's so cute!

Max was in the bathroom while I was already laying in his bed, curled up in the blanket. Meeting his dad when a bit different than the rest of his family, but it's okay now.

"It wasn't that bad, was it?" Max asked when he came out of the bathroom and got in bed next to me.

"No, they're very sweet!" I replied, while cuddling into him. Max pressed his lips against my temple and I closed my eyes, enjoying the feeling. "Shall we watch some Orange is the new black or are you too tired?" 

"No, we can watch some." He grabbed his laptop and placed it on the bed, wrapping his arms around me when the intro was rolling. "I love you, schatje."

"I love you too, Maxie!" I said before kissing him and nuzzling into his side again, watching the laptop's screen until I fell asleep.

A/N
I hope you liked this one shot and the requests are open so send me if you want me to write something for you.
Xx