Hunt (part 2)

"Brian there's been a change of plan,"

Brian frowned as he effortlessly shot the man behind him with his revolver and kicked the upcoming guard into the wall to his left. He wiped the sweat on his forehead and tightened his blue bandana that Jae bought him for his birthday. He still remembers the funny comments Jae made when he gave it to him, saying he looked twice as hot even when that was impossible and crouched down in a mental crisis. Brian smiled fondly at the memory but then remembered the current situation.

"What do you mean? Did something happen?" He asked worriedly and stop jogging down the hallway to listen for answers. Without hesitation he questioned, "Is Jae ok?"

Dowoon hesitated, looking at Sungjin for confirmation before answering, "Yeah Jae's fine, just come back to base quickly. We need to talk." Brian was confused but followed the order anyway and for some reason felt really sick. Sicker than ever.

———-
Brian sprinted and dodged fallen bodies whilst running back to base, his nerves choking him and his stomach churning. Something was extremely wrong. He could feel it. He threw the door of the grey van open and stood in front of the three members, panting. He grabbed a water bottle from the side and collapsed onto one of the spare seats.

"What's the problem then?" He asked, chugging down masses of water with loud gulps, his tiredness taking over.

The members looked hesitantly between them, making awkward eye contact, a growing tension enveloping the van until Sungjin finally broke the silence.

"We've lost contact with Jae."

Brian stopped drinking, his heart paused and his body frozen before he slowly turned his gaze towards the nervous members. "What?" He spat darkly, rising from his seat with a petrifying slowness and walking towards the team mates.

"H-he's mostly likely been cau-caught," Wonpil stuttered avoiding eye contact with the raging man and swallowing harshly.

"W-What?" Brian whispered darkly, glaring at the boy's but no one could deny the slight voice crack in his voice. Tears started blocking his view as he started laughing lowly and shaking his head in denial. "You're lying, you're all lying. We've never failed, Jae never gets caught,"

Sungjin blinked the water in his eyes away and looked at the floor, "I'm sorry hyung. I had to bring you back to base because I'd know you would try to save him without thinking through a plan and get yourself killed."

Brian just stared. Just stared at his members with utmost fear, his mouth becoming dry despite the masses of water he drank beforehand and his eyes slowly turning more and more emotionless until they turned completely blank.

"I'm saving him and it doesn't matter what you say Sungjin, I'm rescuing Jae," he said monotone whilst picking up his revolver and refilling the bullets, walking to the doors of the van.

"Wait," the leader stated, grabbing Brian's arm forcefully and pulling him back to meet his gaze, "We'll come with you but first we need to think of a plan." The boy sighed but obeyed silently, turning to face the three reluctantly.

"I've got an idea," Wonpil stated, earning the attention of everyone inside, "This is what will happen.."

———-

"Ugh fuck" Jae muttered, an excruciating pain throbbing in the back of his head as he tried to regain conscious and figure out why his head hurt so much. Without much thought, the agent attempted rub the forming bruise but somehow was unable to do so. 'What the hell' he thought as he felt the strange tightness around his pale wrists, the rough material scratching against his irritable skin. His best guess would be ropes by the texture of the object. Of course he would be able to see if it wasn't for the massive black blindfold wrapped around the boy's eyes. Jae wondered what situation he was in but the pounding sensation in the back of his head was preventing him from doing so. Just then a deep, gravely voice was heard from behind him.