Chapter 15: Inside Your Mind

Start bij het begin

Shinso nodded, "Okay. Your eyes are bugging me, though. Go put on some shaded glasses or something."

Izuku blushed a little, "Okay!" Before he could even think about moving, his body took a mind of its own and began walking. He called over his shoulder, "Guess I don't have much of a choice anyway, huh? I'll be back in a minute then, I guess." He laughed. Shinso laughed too and gave him a little wave before he disappeared out the door and around the corner.

A few minutes later, Midoriya returned wearing some white shades, the lenses an opaque black. Shinso chuckled, "They suit you, Midoriya. Nice choice. Where did you get them from, though?"

"U-uh—I think I just stole them from Kaminari's room."

Shinso blinked at the boy. He snorted, "I didn't take you for a thief."

"It wasn't me, I was following your command! I'll give them back, I swear," Izuku said in a distressed voice.

"I'm just messing with you. It wasn't even my intention to make that an order so guess I'll have to be more careful next time. I've already given you four commands."

"How many will it take to tire you out?"

"Yesterday, I was able to manage about ten successful commands within an hour and then I needed to rest for a couple of minutes or I'd probably pass out. But since I'll be doing this for the whole day, I'm thinking it'll be best to keep the maximum at ten altogether." A slight smirk creeped onto his lips, "I just had an idea to make today a little bit more entertaining. If you're up for it, of course."

Narrowing his eyes, Izuku questioned, "What evil plan are you concocting?"

"Well, since your movements look so natural, I was thinking we could see how long it takes our classmates to realise I'm brainwashing you."

Midoriya laughed, "Okay! Sounds fun. I bet it'll take them a while to notice, since I'm acting like myself and my eyes are covered."

Shinso's mischievous grin widened, "Oya? I bet it won't take too long before they start to become suspicious."

"Something tells me you're divising something terrible and I don't know whether to be excited or scared," Izuku acted out a terrified expression.

"Well, I've used up four out of ten commands so far, so..."

Midoriya gasped dramatically, "Scared, definitely scared." They both laughed. "I'm certainly up for it, though. Just make sure you don't hurt yourself."

"Of course. And please let me know if you want to stop at any time."

"Mhm!"

Shinso tilted his head a little then said, "I think you should lose the glasses. They just make you stand out more. If you avoid eye contact, it'll probably be slightly less suspicious."

"Good idea. They didn't really suit me anyway," Midoriya joked, taking the glasses off.

Shinso smiled. "So, how about this. My bet is that our classmates will figure it out before fifth period. Yours is that it will take them longer than that. How about whoever wins the bet gets to decide what we'll be doing on our date?"

"Sounds good to me!" Izuku grinned.

——

The school bell hadn't rang yet, nor had Ectoplasm arrived for their mathematics lesson, so the classroom was buzzing with light chatter.