His Lioness

Sophie spun to the arch and now she could see Agatha standing there, shaking.

Rhian held his hand out to her. Agatha didn't move. Rhian sighed and turned to the crowd. "It seems that my princess has stage fright. Could you please make her feel welcome?"

The whole crowded burst into applause and cheers for the princess. Sophie looked over at Agatha. A pirate now stood behind her, with a blade to her back.

Agatha slowly walked onto the stage away from the pirate. Agatha locked eyes with Tedros. To Agatha, the whole world stopped, as she looked into Tedros's eyes, pleading the question. Why?

Agatha sniffled, blinking back tears and set her eyes on Rhian.

"Agatha!" Sophie screamed, in the guards grip. Agatha's ears perked, and her head whipped to Sophie.

Agatha dashed for her, and pulled her into a hug. Murmurs of confusion echoed from bellow.

"I'm sorry," Agatha whispered.

"Let her go," Rhian hissed. Sophie thought that he was talking to Agatha, but she felt the pirate reluctantly let go of her.

Rhian looked over his shoulder at the crowed. "Our Queen will need a lady-in-waiting after all."

People applauded. Loudly. The people still loved Sophie.

Agatha met Sophie's eyes. All of their friends were being pulled through the archway, by pirates.

Rhian still had his hand out to Agatha. She slowly turned and took it.

"No, Agatha, no!" Sophie wheezed.

Rhian looked at the pirate that had been holding Sophie. "Please, escort Lady Sophie to her quarters."

The pirate grabbed Sophie's arm. "No!" Sophie yelled. Agatha looked back at her. Sophie could see the raw pain in Agatha's eyes. "Don't struggle, Sophie," she whispered.

She gave into the Pirate's grip, and was pulled into the arch.

=====

Rhian gripped Agatha by the waist, but she pulled their bodies as far apart as possible.

Below them Agatha watched Guinevere running through the crowd to escape. She was quick, and Rhian was yet to notice her. She felt Excalibur press to her spine, and she lost sight of Guinevere. Agatha could only hope that she was alright.

"From this day forward we are rid of a king who closed his doors to you when you needed him," Rhian declared. "A king who coward while a snake took your kingdoms. From this day forward, you have a true king. We may be divided into good and evil, but we are the woods. The forgotten people aren't forgotten anymore. The Lion is listening to you!"

"Lion! Lion! Lion!" they chanted.

Agatha felt Rhian clutch her tighter. "And so is my Lioness!"

"Lion-ess! Lion-ess! Lion-ess!"

Agatha leaned back more in his arms. Rhian covered Merlin's star so they couldn't hear him. "Stop doing that or I'll kiss you," he hissed. Agatha straightened and reluctantly rested her head on his chest. "That's better." he said.

"For as long as I've lived, you've served a pen. No one knows who controls this pen, or what it wants and yet you worship it, waiting for it to write your story. But it never does. Thousands of years it's ruled these woods. What do you have to show for it? Each story, it chooses someone else for glory. The educated. The children of that school. And leaves scraps for you, the hardworking, the invisible. You, the real stories of the Endless Woods."