𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐞𝐧

Start from the beginning

But Y/N vigorously refused.

She would never called that horrible man by any name other than his own, because her only father was her own.

She would never degrade the meaning of her usage of the word father or dad because she had only one father : Hopper.

An honorable and selfless man, unlike Brenner.

However, although Y/N hated Brenner with all that she was, and refused to call him father, she did play along with his attempt of being nice.

She saw it as the only way of getting out of the wretched facility.

She was playing the long game—because soon, when she was strong enough, she would over power all of his guards, and she would escape with her father.

She will.

For now, all she had to do, was cooperate with Brenner and undergo her usual dosages of the demogorgon DNA—and all his other tests—so that way, she will be strong enough to turn on him and rebel against him.

Although it's been a few days, it felt like years being locked up in that secure and confidential Russian base.

She learned a lot just by hearing Brenner speak to his colleagues, and it wasn't all that great and interesting.
  Except for when he would speak of Hopper.

Y/N learned that her father was indeed, alive.

And that was the only thing that pushed her to keep going—to keep fighting to stay alive as she was sure her father was trying to do as well.

She hadn't seen him in days, but she learned one piece of vital information :

Hopper has been undergoing the same trials and experiments as she had.

He was experiment 015, and he was a successful one, at that.

Y/N also learned that Hopper was put to work, not only to build strength, but to also train with Russian soldiers.

He was supposed to join the ranks of the Russian guard at the facility, and that worried Y/N.

Brenner had told some of this information to Y/N, figuring that she couldn't do much with it because it's not like she would be able to go anywhere.

But that's where he's wrong..

But, other than the vague information that Brenner told Y/N about her father, she received most of the important information from her father himself.

Through the void.

Every night, when it was lights out in the lower part of the facility, all the cells locked down.

And it was then that Y/N and her father used this time to communicate with each other in the void, using their abilities.

Although they didn't have much time to do so, they still insisted that they speak to each other every night or so.

Brenner was smart, but not smart enough to keep a father from his daughter.

"So..he just has you take injections of Demogorgon blood now? And has you take pills?"
Hopper's voice echoed in the void as he sat on the ground with his daughter—his knees touching hers as they both sat criss-cross.