Chapter Two

Kagome really didn't know how people were going to treat her now. The Gryffindor's, she had a feeling already, they would ignore her or make her life a living hell.

The looks she was still receiving as everyone got ready to leave the Great Hall, she felt somewhat sad that even the people she talked to during classes or helped with their homework over the years were giving her the same look.

A Look of disgust mixed with anger.

Her blue eyes flickered to the Golden Trio, they were all whispering to one another and glancing towards her every so often. She had to wonder what plan or idea they were thinking up.

Nothing good probably.

Their plans over the years always lead them to trouble.

Taking a deep breath she sighed as she heard the prefect call out, "All resorts and first years follow me..."

She was going to be shown where Slytherins resided. Kagome was really going to have to get used to calling herself that; a Slytherin.

Kagome stayed quiet the whole time to the Common Room, she really didn't have anything to say and wasn't really up to talking to first years.

As they arrived at a painting in the dungeons she and the rest of the resorts and first years stopped with the Prefect who glanced at them all, "The password is, Dragon's blood. It changes every week so be sure to keep track what password it is."

"Once we get in there, make yourself comfortable. Our head of house wants to go over some rules. He will also talk to our four new resorts about some things..." The Prefect glanced more to Kagome than any of the other resorts which made her glare at him.

Kagome followed the rest of the students in, she hadn't really thought about what would happen once she was resorted, if she was resorted, and now that she was in fact a Slytherin, she didn't really know what to make of it. She couldn't say it felt wrong, and by technicality, it was only another house. It wasn't like she'd been all that close to the other Gryffindor's anyways, so it didn't bother her all too much to be placed elsewhere.

The prefects gave a similar speech, much like the prefects she's had in her first year, explaining the bed arrangements, the rooms were set up so that there were four beds to a room. Kagome assumed that the only reason it was like that was because the Slytherin House was underground. Boys dormitories and girls dormitories were split, much like Gryffindor House, and while she saw the similarities, she could also see the differences, and not just in color, but in temperature, style and comfort.

"Everyone, sit down,"

Kagome didn't sit, but she did turn to see her new head of House walk in with the normal billow of his robes. She noticed his complexion looked, all though still pale, healthier than when she'd last seen him.

However, in her defense, the last time she'd seen him, he had been barely clinging to life.

His eyes caught her, charcoal black clashed with her dark blue, and she held them for a moment.

The students were sure he'd comment on her not listening to his obvious order, but when he continued to walk into the middle of the group of students sitting, mostly, before him, they just stared in shock and disbelief. All except for the first years who had yet to meet their head of house and learn of his unique strictness among students.

Snape held a hard look over the students before he raised his chin and spoke, a drawl to his voice. "I know many of you came to school, unsure of what to expect, and some even...dare I say it...afraid of what this year might have to offer. We, as Slytherins, have taken many years of abuse, verbally, over the course of time we have been made out as a source of creation for Dark Wizards, but it is my job to make sure such outcomes do not come to light. I hope, that if anyone has a problem, that they can find it in them to come to me." He paused and let his eyes close for a moment before cascading another look of the students.

"We do have rules, as is to be expected, and like any of the other houses, if you do not follow the rules of the house, it will cost you points, while your triumphs will earn your house points. Please remember, that the way you act outside of the Slytherin Common room reflects not only your classmates, but myself as your head of house. I ask that you take the time to think before you act. I would hope that my house isn't made up of any brash and headstrong lions...I personally like to think that wit and cunning outshines brute force and stupidity any day."

Kagome held back a laugh with a small smile, she couldn't argue with him. Most, if not all the Gryffindor's she'd met through the course of her learning, were in fact headstrong, brash and brute like students, with Hermione being a single exception, though, still headstrong. Kagome sadly, was also equally headstrong, and at times...brash...but not stupidly so, it was her natural curiosity that leads her into most of her own troubles, but none dramatically troublesome. She was one of the rare few Gryffindors, or...had been, that thought before acting...after all, she enjoyed life as much as the next person did.

She looked around and noticed a few of the loyal Slytherins were staring at her curiously. Not because she was a resort, though, quite possibly part of their reason for staring, but because she had been staring down at her hands in thought while smiling as she listened to their Head of House list of the rules of her new home, or...home away from home.

She didn't even realize he'd stopped talking until after he walked by her. She turned and watched him leave, her silence had obviously lasted too long as a couple Slytherins made their way over to her.

"..." She wasn't going to be the first to say anything, not until she knew a little more about them. That was how she was, she didn't like the idea of trusting people immediately, and they were Slytherin's...though, she was too, now.

"Tell me, Kagome," the girl in front of her grinned, "What does it take for a Gryffindor, to become a Slytherin?"

Kagome knew her, she was the female version of Draco Malfoy, who...to her surprise, wasn't causing her any grief, just sitting and watching from his spot on the couch. The girl in front of her was Pansy Parkinson, the leader of the girls of Slytherin...most of them, at least. Kagome doubted she could do anything to obtain her own loyalty. "Honestly...I don't know, maybe I'm just lucky..."

Pansy sneered, "You did something, something that landed you here!"
"Nope...nothing that I can think of..."

"Then you should still be a-"

"Pansy!"

Pansy stopped her interrogation and turned to see Draco staring directly at her.

"Leave her alone, does it matter if she was a Gryffindor? She isn't now, so let her be."

"...but..."

Draco shook his head, standing, he turned and left with a couple other Slytherin's, walking to the guys' dormitories and leaving Kagome and the others to stare after him.

Pansy turned a glare to Kagome, "You aren't worth the time anyways." Leaving off in her own direction with some of the girls following after.

'Making friends already, aren't you Kagome...' She asked herself as she sat down on the couch as the rest of the students around her broke off into groups to talk. Mostly about Pansy, Draco, and herself; only a few talked over classes and what the year might bring.

"I honestly think that could have been much worse than what it was,"

Kagome felt the couch dip as an arm was suddenly draped over her shoulders, her body went stiff with nerves as she turned to see who had the audacity to touch her in such a familiar way.