𝐌𝐚𝐱 𝐌𝐚𝐲𝐟𝐢𝐞𝐥𝐝

(Part 2 of the very first Max imagine)

Max sat in the car beside Robin. It had been a week since the Flayed was defeated and just over a week since they lost Y/N. Sadly, Billy had passed away and Hopper on the verge of death but he survived. Max wasn't in the best state so everyone supported her during this tough time. Especially Robin. With no older sibling in her life anymore, Robin was determined to play that role and help her LGBTQ+ youngster.

"So," Robin began, "after all this. Do you want me to drop you-"
Robin stopped herself when she saw Max spin around and look behind her, looking out. "What is it?" Robin asked, concerned and also looking back. "I thought I saw Y/N..." Max said quietly, a sad expression on her face.

Max had been seeing Y/N a lot. It drove her insane since she knew her girl wasn't around and the universe was just messing with her head. She had to continuously remind herself that her baby was gone and that it was just the universe being an ass. But there was always hope. Hope that her Y/N was still alive.

Her home life hadn't been any better. With Billy gone, his father had become quite aggressive towards Max and Max's mother distanced herself from Max. She was never home due to the situation and she usually stayed at Robin's, Steve's or with El. It was hard for her to get on her feet after losing Billy (and Y/N) since he was her brother after all. Yes they may fight and act hateful towards one another but they truly did love each other.

Robin rubbed the younger girl's shoulder after pulling into the Wheeler's driveway. Ted was on a business trip, Karen was on a girl's trip and Holly was at her friend's place while the parents were gone. Robin and Max walked into the house to be greeted with The Party, Jonathan, Steve, Nancy, Joyce and Hopper. "Oh, thank goodness you're here." Steve sighed in relief. "Why? What's wrong?" Robin asked almost immediately. "Y/N..." El spoke up, making Max turn straight towards the brunette. "W-What?" Max stuttered.
"She's alive."

-lil time skip-

Y/N walked slowly around Hawkins. The sun had set and the moon was shining in the dark sky. The Mindflayer was now defeated and gone and she was now back. Alive. Breathing. But she was scared. She didn't know what to believe anymore. The Mindflayer had messed her mind up so much, she didn't know what was real. She didn't even know if Max was alive anymore. She didn't know what to do.

As she wandered about she noticed a large group of people and amongst them was a redhead. Long, flowing red hair. Stunning blue eyes. Cute freckles. Max.
"Y/N?!" Her voice shouted. All Y/N could do was stare. Everyone began to slowly approach Y/N slowly but Y/N stepped back. "Baby..." Max said softly, "It's me. Max."

"M-M-Max?" Y/N whimpered before Max ran up to her and engulfed her into a hug. "Baby, baby. It's you!" Max cried of happiness, tears running down her face. They shared a passionate kiss and it was the most amazing feeling ever. They had each other again. And that was all they needed. "Y/N!" The others exclaimed running up to the H/C girl and hugging her. Everything was good again. Everything was perfect. For now.