𝐉𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧 𝐁𝐲𝐞𝐫𝐬

Nancy sat next to Jonathan, her blood boiling out of anger

Nancy sat next to Jonathan, her blood boiling out of anger. Jonathan was quiet, avoiding eye contact with Nancy. "L-Look, I'm so-"
"JONATHAN, NO!" Nancy screamed, rising to her feet and turning towards Jonathan. You and Nancy had been very close friends since you were young and she loved you dearly. As the years went on you met Jonathan Byers who later became your boyfriend.

Everything was well. Your relationships, school, work etc. However, you had visited Jonathan since you finished work early and wanted to surprise him. But when you opened his bedroom door, you had found him asleep naked next to a girl who was also, well...naked.

You'd heart shattered at the sight but you remained silent and left immediately. You had rushed to Nancy's and she willingly comforted you for as long as you needed. You ignored his numerous ways to contact you before Nancy confronted him about the situation. Which brings them here.

"Why'd you do it, Jonathan?" Nancy asked, her eyes glazing over. It hurt her to see her best friend in such a terrible state. "I-I..." Jonathan began, "I don't know, Nanc. I wish I did, I just..." he put his face in his hands, crying softly before speaking up once more.

"I love her," he stated in tears, lifting his head up to look at Nancy, "and I know that sounds stupid but I really do. I...I overheard Tommy saying how he wanted to do things to Y/N. She started lacking effort into coming over and talking to me so I got mad, which sounds very selfish 'cause it is. I thought she cheated on me with Tommy so I...I slept with someone. I regret it so much. Damn it! I ruined it. I won't be able to see the way she would snuggle in my sweaters. Or the weird pictures she'd take with my camera. Or the way she's dance to our favourite music. I ruined it, Nancy. I lost her..."

He sobbed into Nancy's shoulder, her anger now replaced with empathy and sadness. She was going to fix it. But she didn't want to. She didn't want to fix the stupid relationship. She didn't want to fix something that broke someone she cared about. But there was definitely something she wanted.

To be with Y/N.

A/N ahah plot twist. Series?