𝐌𝐚𝐱 𝐌𝐚𝐲𝐟𝐢𝐞𝐥𝐝

"M-Max?" Y/N said quietly, a tear falling from her E/C eyes

"M-Max?" Y/N said quietly, a tear falling from her E/C eyes. Max approached the door looking Y/N in the eyes. "I'm so sorry, N/N.." she whispered, only loud enough for Y/N to hear. "Max...please let me out...please, Max!" Y/N pleaded, her eyes bringing more tears. "I can't. You did bad things and-"
"IT WASN'T MY FAULT, MAX! PLEASE!" Y/N cried, cutting of Max.

"He made me do it...I tried to stop him but..." Y/N sobbed, her voice growing weak and croaky. "Who made you do it?" Max said softly, her voice shaking. "I-It's the...M-Mind Flayer..." Y/N whimpered, still looking at Max who was now in tears. "P-P-Please help me Max...I can't do it anymore..." Y/N sobbed making Max look at her concerned. "Do what? Y/N! Y/N!" Max raised her voice, banging on the door lightly as she noticed Y/N's figure become more pale.

"What's going on?" Will asked, stepping closer to Max. "Y/N! Y/N! I'M RIGHT HERE!" Max yelled, sobs also escaping her lips. El has sensed something bad coming, not from Y/N but from afar. Eleven opened the door, turned off the heat and helped Max pull out Y/N's limp body. Max pulled the H/C girl into her arms, whispering softly in her ear. "I'm right here, baby. I'm right here. Don't give up."

She began to cry harder and harder by the second as realisation hit her like a bus. Y/N couldn't fight against the Mind Flayer...she gave up. As she felt a hand shake her shoulder, she turned to see everyone crying and hugging Max, comforting her. It was silent until Eleven spoke up, saying, "We have to go...they're coming." As everyone slowly got up, Max stayed with her arms still latched around the love of her life. "M-Max..come on.." Will cried, avoiding to look at his best friend's body.

"No..." was all she said. Will and Lucas glanced at each other before feeling the whole room shake. Lucas grabbed Max by the arms, pulling her away from Y/N. "STOP!!" she cried, desperately trying to get out of Lucas' grip as she was getting pulled away. "NO!! Y/N!! NO PLEASE!!" Her screams we're heard and echoed throughout the area and as soon as the ground stopped shaking, they were at Mike's house, comforting Max. "Y/N...no..." she whimpered.

Little did she know back at the sauna, Y/N sat wide awake...alone with nothing but darkness.
And the Mind Flayer.