Nightmare Part 3-Mitch Rapp

Start from the beginning

I looked over when I heard Mitch scoff. "It doesn't matter what you do to me, I won't break. Which means she won't break."

"Really?" Anthony laughed. "Shall we test it out?"

"I really don't think. . ." I sucked in a breath as Anthony backhanded Mitch, cutting him off. I held it together until Anthony pulled out a knife and dragged it against Mitch's neck.

"Enough!" I yelled as I stood up. I grunted as two of his men instantly grabbed me, roughly forcing me back onto my knees.

"That was easy," Anthony laughed. He sighed as he turned back to me. "Answer something for me and how many bones I break in your brother's body depends on whether or not I like your answer."

"What do you want to know?" I asked through my teeth.

"Why are you here?"

I looked behind him at Mitch, who was silently telling me not to say anything. I smirked when I got a different idea. I had just enough time to see the worry in my brother's eyes before I turned my attention back to Anthony.

"Simple, really," I smirked. "I'm here because I have an opportunity for you. And me."

"To what?" Anthony scoffed. "To work together again?"

"Yep," I shrugged. "And to get back at the one person who pisses you off more than anything in the world."

"Marillo," he said, his voice darkening. I held in a smirk when I saw the confusion in Mitch's eyes.

"Marillo wants me to go back to working for him. I had another plan in mind."

"He is the one who used you to get to me," Anthony snarled.

"Exactly," I sighed, acting as if I was losing my patience. "He thinks I turned against you and am now loyal to him. We can use that. This time, we will be working together. I will tell you everything he plans to do so you can do it first."

I held my breath as I waited for his response. "What about him?" He sneered as he jabbed his thumb in Mitch's direction. "I thought he was CIA."

"He was," I annunciated.

"She came to me three months ago and asked for my help," Mitch jumped in, playing along. "Figured you would pay more than the CIA and I wouldn't be reprimanded for killing someone before asking him a bunch of dumbass questions he won't answer."

Anthony slowly smiled his signature evil smile. "I love it," he laughed. I had to resist rolling my eyes at how easy that was. "It's brilliant! Let them go."

The second we were both released, we started to fight. I grabbed the gun of one of the guys, turning to shoot the other. I could hear Mitch fighting behind me.

It didn't take us long to take down Anthony's men. Soon, it was just Mitch and me, pointing our guns at Anthony, his men dead around him.

"I gotta hand it to you, Nightmare." Anthony laughed. "You are always full of surprises."

"Make this easy on all of us," I sighed. "You know why we're here. Where's the flash drive?"

"Why would I tell you that?" He scoffed. I smirked as I pointed my gun, not hesitating to shoot his kneecap.

"Because, if you do, you'll have time to call an ambulance. If you don't, I'll kill you right now and search for it myself."

I heard him sigh as he debated. "Fine," he mumbled. "That shit isn't even worth it."

I smiled as he reached into his pocket and pulled out the drive, holding it out to me. I stepped forward and took it.

"Thanks," I smiled. I pulled the trigger, his body falling backwards.

"What happened to letting him call an ambulance?" Mitch said, trying not to laugh.

"We both know he would've killed us the second we turned around," I shrugged as I tossed him the flash drive.

"Nicely done, Nightmare," Mitch teased as he put the flash drive in his pocket.

I reached over and punched his shoulder hard. I smirked as he took a step back, clutching his shoulder in pain.

"What the hell was that for?" He said through his teeth.

"I already get enough of that from Hurley and the other guys," I scowled. "I don't need it from you too."

"Sorry," he chuckled, rolling the shoulder I punched. Mitch smirked as he wrapped his arm around my shoulders, leading me out of the building.

"Come on, kid. Let's get out of here."