Chapter 8: Derek's Pov

One minute we were getting the girls into the ambulance, next we heard 5 shots, the whole team ran in as fast as we could, clearing the rooms as we went in, "EMILY, come on baby, talk to me, talk to me baby!"

There was no answer, Reid was the first to say something, "Guys, I found her."

We all ran to where he was, JJ went in ahead of everyone, "She has a pulse, check detective Edwards and the other two men."

Rossi had taken off his jacket and placed it over Emily, before anyone could say anything, I picked Emily up and ran her out of the cabin. "Come on baby, stay with me." When I got out of the cabin there were EMTs with a stretcher waiting, I placed her on it. She was bleeding from so many open wounds. They rushed her off to the hospital, I turned around, JJ and Reid were standing behind me.

"Derek, she'll be alright. We will follow the ambulance. You should stay here and wait for Hotch and Rossi."

I watched as they drove away, I was mad, I should have been in there with her, I should have been there to protect her. I waited outside, I couldn't stand to go in there again, after seeing Emily the way she was and seeing the pain they inflicted on her. Hotch and Rossi came out soon after, I had been sitting in the car waiting, hands on my head. when the two of them got in the car Rossi put his hand on my shoulder as we quickly drove off.

It may have been a quick drive, but it felt as if we had been driving for hours, not knowing if she is alright, we sprinted into the hospital and immediately found JJ and Reid. "How is she?" Rossi was the first to speak.

"The doctors are doing some tests."

"I need to go call Garcia."

I started dialing the phone and walked out. "Speak and be spoken to."

"Baby girl..."

"Hey hot stuff what do you need?"

"Baby girl?"

"Did you rescue the girls, how are they?"

"Garcia..."

At that moment she froze, "What's wrong?"

"It's Emily. She's in the hospital, how fast can you get here."

"I'm on my way." I hung up and went back to where everyone was standing, we waited for someone to tell us what was going on, Garcia showed up and briskly walked towards us. "What... what happened, where is she, I need to see her."

"Baby girl, she's in with the doctors."

"Is she alright, I need to see her."

JJ then began to speak, "We don't know anything yet Garcia."

I gave her a hug, Aiden's boss came in to see how she was, and he was, he told us he was going to talk to the family. When he went to walk out Rossi followed. We were all still waiting for some kind of news on how Emily was.

"Family for Emily Prentiss." We all stood up and walked over to where the doctor stood.

"How is she?" Hotch spoke softly.

"she was cut multiple times, she has a few broken ribs, she has a broken wrist, she was shot in her shoulder and in her wrist, the bullet in her shoulder went straight through, the bullet in her wrist, we had to remove it. She was hit in the head multiple times; she also has a concussion."

The doctor stopped talking, "can we see her?" Garcia asked right away.

"yes, but there is one other thing; we did a rape kit. From what we found she was raped."

She opened the door for us, Emily looked so broken down, we all sat around her. "How are you feeling Emily?" That was the first thing Reid had said since before we found Emily.

Her voice was scratchy, but she finally was able to say something, "I've been better." She looked off to the side as if she couldn't look any of us in her eyes. Before she could say anything else the doctor walked in to give her a pill. "No, I can't."

"Agent Prentiss, I strongly advise you to take it, you were assaulted."

"It won't do anything for me." We all looked at her confused. "I'm 4 weeks pregnant."

"Has anyone done any tests?" she shook her head. "Agents would you mind leaving the room, for a few?"

We agreed and went to walk out of the room, but before we could all leave, we heard her say, "Garcia, stay with me?"

We turned to see what was happening, "Of course, sunshine."

We walked out and sat back down, "Did anyone know?"

"She didn't say anything to us Hotch." I couldn't be upset with her, not now, but I couldn't believe she would keep this from us. All we could do was wait.