Lexi's grin grew that evening when she was doing some schoolwork in the library. She decided to take a break and text Isaac to thank him for their date. She would've done so earlier, but she wanted to wait until she knew he wasn't in class.

Lexi: Hey, hope I'm not interrupting anything. I wanted to thank you again for last night's date. I really had a great time!

Isaac: Hi! I'm happy you enjoyed yourself. I'm not gonna lie, I was so worried you wouldn't have a good time.

Lexi: LOL and here I thought I worried too much!

Isaac: Yeah, I have issues...

Lexi: Don't worry! I get it- you've had shitty luck with dating and were worried that history would repeat itself. At least I'm not vain or batshit crazy.

Isaac: That helps a LOT. Thanks for not being anything like that, BTW.

Lexi: You're welcome (: Anyways, what's up?

Isaac: Not much, just chillin' at home. You?

Lexi: Taking a break from working on a paper at the library. What else is new, really?

Isaac: I would join you, but I might be a distraction.

Lexi: LOL at least you're honest. But I should get back to work, now...sorry.

Isaac: That's okay. I really hope to see you at my place for our Halloween party.

Lexi: If you're there, I'll come.

Isaac: Awesome! I'll talk to you later, okay?

Lexi: Sure, bye! (:

With their conversation now over, Lexi put her phone aside and tried to get back to her paper. That proved to be slightly difficult, as she now found herself to be a blushing mess. But she gritted her teeth and managed to get back on track within a few minutes.

That chat went really well, she thought. Maybe something more will come out of last night.

***

It was Friday afternoon when Cassie and Mariana strolled through the on-campus cafeteria to find an empty table. Once they did, they sat down while discussing how their respective classes had gone.

"Thank God I only have one class on Fridays!" Mariana exclaimed. "Now I can chill at home and finish making my Halloween costume."

"Lucky bitch," Cassie muttered. She broke her pissed off façade with a sly grin. "Seriously though, I'm jealous."

"I don't blame you. At least you only have that short lab today."

"True. It's just gonna be boring as hell."

Mariana shrugged. "Sorry, but I can't help you there."

Cassie nodded. Just as she was about to respond, she suddenly spotted Lexi and Isaac walking through the cafeteria together. They were smiling and chatting away with little care for their surroundings. They soon exited the cafeteria and headed outside to go somewhere else on campus.

"Really?"

Cassie snapped out of her thoughts to find a frowning Mariana glaring at her. "Sorry, I couldn't help it."

"It's fine," Mariana dismissed, her face turning neutral. "You alright?"

"No. Something's going on between those two."

"You think so? I don't know about that."

"They seem...closer than usual? I don't know how else to put it. I could be wrong, but I highly doubt it."

Mariana grimaced. "Worry about it later."

Cassie kept her mouth shut about the matter, but it continued to linger in the back of her mind during her lab. She waited until it ended to send Isaac a text.

Cassie: What's going on with you & Lexi?

Isaac: We're friends. Why?

Cassie: "Friends"? Really? That's bullshit, Isaac. Please don't lie to me. Just tell me the truth!

Isaac: I'm not gonna fight with you again. It's not any of your fucking business, Cassie.

Cassie: Fine, be difficult! I don't care 'cause I'm gonna find out the truth. Don't say I didn't warn you!

He's gonna regret not telling me whether or not he's fucking around with Lexi, she thought as she trudged back to her dorm for the night.