nineteen - so was i

Start from the beginning

Dad stops, raised his chin and then drops the shield.

I looked down at the shield on the ground and then took one last look at Tony before following Dad and Bucky out.

That's the moment, after all these moments I thought the avengers died. That was the real and true moment that me and dad were no longer on the team.

• • •

I sat on the quinjet, T'challa followed us here and exchanged a few words with Dad, so we're going to his place in Wakanda.

Yeah we're true fugitives now, I'll never see anyone again as far as I'm concerned.

I took out my pen and a sheet of paper.

Dear Tony, well I wanna say I'm sorry, but I was protecting my family, I never wanted to hurt you. I hope you'll forgive me. I'm safe, well I will be safely somewhere soon.

You were a very great friend to me, I considered you a second father figure next to Clint. Thank you for protecting me after Washington DC, in the hospital.

I know you care are I hope you believe that I still very much care for you and hope everything works out with pepper. I wish we agreed on the Accords together but things don't always go the same way as we all want it too.

If you could, please tell peter I'm sorry and that I'll miss him. I'll miss you too Tony.

- Your hazelnut.

I wiped some tears and ran down my cheeks and folded the letter up. I'm sure I'll get this to him soon.

I limped over to the window as we followed T'challa to Wakanda, we went through some trees and...

Wakanda is beautiful, holy cow.

This definitely isn't a third world country. It's better then New York.

We landed and I followed everyone out. Some medics came up escorted us all to different rooms

I laid on a table while they fixed the gash in my head, so I didn't crack my head open I guess.

They cleaned my face that was almost covered in dried blood and gave me some privacy to change.

I zipped open my bag of clothes and pulled out and black shirt and sweatpants. I then went to the room where Bucky and Dad were.

Bucky sat on a table while I watched a man patch some wounds up.

"You sure about this?" Dad said.

Oh yeah, Bucky wants to go under cryo until they can work out his triggers and undo it all.

It's his choice and it's okay, I trust that they'll take care of him.

"I can't trust my own mind. So, until they figure out how to get this stuff out of my head I think going back under is the best thing...for everybody." He glanced between us two.

Me and dad watched as Bucky went under, I sat down to just think to myself as dad walked out.

I don't know where I'm going next but wherever I end up...I'll be okay.

• • •
I sat and ate some food, my stomach actually hurts so I don't feel like eating much.

Dad walked in and took a seat across from me.

"Do you want some of this, I don't feel all the great." I nudged my plate over to him and he took some of my bread. Damn good bread by the way.

"You like this place?" He asked me.

"Yeah it's really nice...peaceful." I nodded and took a sip of water.

He sighed, "I think you should stay here for a bit, while I figure some things out."

"You want to leave me here? By myself?" I put my cup down and blinked.

"Bucky will be here, T'challa said they'll find out a way to help him soon...and you'll be safe here, T'challa said you're welcome to stay."

"Maybe it's actually a good idea, but not for a long time." I stood up and walked over to a window. "I need you dad."

He got up and walked up beside me." "I need you too tiger."

I looked at the Panther statues outside, I'm gonna be okay.

So...BLACK PANTHER BOOK NEXT! well after the post credits but I'm so excited!

BLACK PANTHER BOOK NEXT! well after the post credits but I'm so excited!