DT x CrimsonWaste!Reader

Start from the beginning

|||

After being discovered by cat girl in the Horde ship, DT hid you behind some boxes and did their thing. You watched in awe of how in-control they were of the situation and how scared the cat girl was.

You let slip a little laugh at the scorpion's reaction and they looked over to you. "Who's there?!" Scorpion girl yelled. "Ugh, why now?!" Cat girl reacted.

You stepped out. Your body was covered head to toe in chains and dark green and black cloth. "What the fu—"

"That's a kid!"

"I'm not! I'm just small!" You whined. Your confidence was showing. You walked over nonchalantly to DT and say by their side. "How could you cuff someone that could help you take down the Rebellion?" You tried convincing, to stall time.

"That's none of your business," cat girl growled. She grabbed the collar of your chains and pulled you up. "What's your game?!"

"Nothing much," you looked away and smirked, "just some time to break out~."

DT undid their bindings and strutted off, tail swishing. Cat girl let you go and sauntered off to be angry. DT transformed suddenly into cat girl. "Aww, I didn't get my way, now I'm angry! Boo hoo, nobody loves me!" You grimaced slightly. I hate when they do that.

"STOP DOING THAT!!" Cat girl shouted in a fit. "Catra maybe we need these two! It could help take down Adora and—"

Catra shoved scorpion girl out of the way and pointed a finger menacingly at you two. You hid behind Double Trouble again. "I don't like it, but I think..Scorpia's right."

"So we can come??" You asked excitedly. "I don't need you, you're no use to the Horde."

"Well if you want me so bad," DT transformed into you, acting cutesy. "Both of us are coming!" They whined, stomping their foot. "That's not how I act!" You whined and glared hopefully at the cat girl.

Catra looked at Scorpia with irritation. "Fine. Fine, screw it, whatever."

"Catra, problem!" Scorpia suddenly got a notif. "Rebellions here!"

"Well?? Go on, show me what use you have!"

You at DT smiled at each other, running out.

|||

"Hey. Drop the goods!"

What looked to be She-Ra turned around in surprise. "Catra!" The two started to fight, kicking and scratching and kicking and biting. All of it. But no, it wasn't Catra. After a bit of time you could tell the difference.

At one point you climbed up really high when She-Ra threw Double Trouble up and they almost fell. "DT!" You called and pulled them up. "Hey! I have a character to play, so I suggest you don't call me that!"

They shoved you away slightly and looked down at She-Ra. You shrunk and were sad for a minute. That hasn't happened before. Suddenly though, you had an idea.

"Pretend you're kid napping me, she'll think I'm a kid," you suggested in your huddle. DT turned to you. "Get ready then, I may have to drop you. And try to cry, too~."

So-called Catra grabbed you by the hem of your chains and held you over the edge confidently.

"Wh—CATRA! Don't you dare!" She-Ra exclaimed.

"Catra" let out a good, long laugh and let go of you with their pinky. "You have five seconds! Me, or the ship~."

"No, no p-please.." you struggled, actually afraid. You kicked your legs around but DT just held you tighter. "Times up, Adora~! You LOSE."

And then you fell.

The world went really slow and everything was blurring together as you screamed and finally were caught in strong arms.

Secretly, Double Trouble sighed. They didn't want you getting hurt, especially like that. It's inhuman. Even in the Crimson Waste. Still, they had a job to do and a character to play.

"You'd really stoop that low?!"

You caught eye of the ship being lifted out of the ground with what looked like roots. "You're safe now, ok? She-Ra's here to protect you," the warrior said with a smile.

Hero complex, you identified. Double Trouble has taught you the basics of character and development. "Thank you," you smiled at her and waited until she put you down. When she did you backed up and let the two continue to fight. That Catra girl, is really in for it now.

After awhile the Horde fell back. The ship was gone. But whatever, you didn't care.

Double Trouble took a bow on the skiff and you clapped, slightly still in shock from earlier. "Why thank you, thank you!" Scorpia was clapping and cheering too.

They jogged over to Catra. "Did you like my audition??"

"Like doesn't cover it," Catra admitted. She smirked. "I grew up with Adora, and you fooled her."

DT smiled. It made you smile too. We're finally out of the Crimson Waste..

"Doll face scoot over," they shimmied next to you, away from the soldiers. You frowned. They dropped me. It was necessary but..still. "Let me see. Did you fall too hard? No broken bones?"

"You're not my parent," you slapped their hands away with a blush. "You were the one that dropped me anyway!"

"I held up my end of the deal, and we both got what we wanted, doll face. What now?" The asked nonchalantly.

You looked over at the soldiers. They bickered as if they were friends. It was weirdly familiar.

"...I'll stay."

"Excuse me?"

"I said I'm staying with you!" You yelled. DT covered your mouth and chuckled. "You won't survive outside the Crimson Waste, darling. You know that."

"If I survived it, I can survive the Horde. I can survive the Horde. I can. You're all I have now, Double Trouble, and.."

You held their clawed hand. "I need you."

"Ew, don't get all sentimental on me," they teased. You punched their arm. "I hope you know I'm not ditching the nickname~."

"Fine by me. What're you gonna call those two?"

DT sighed and smirked. "Kitten over there is my main target. Scorpion girl, no way."

You smiled and leaned on their shoulder, which made DT tense up. "Thank you."

It was a long ride back to the Fright Zone. But it was fine. Everything was gonna be fine.