Chapter One; The Tests

"Aaaaaahh!" I screamed as I feel the needles that stab into my arms' 'medicine' burn in my veins.

After that, they set up the 'lighting'.

I wince as I feel the bolts run through my uneasy temples.

The pain feels like a stab.

As soon as it stops, I feel tears streaming down my cheeks.

They were using atleast 1000 volts.

"Why are you doing this to me?" I say, still pullsing to the electricity.

"Because you're special, Katie. Your DNA is one in a million. We are doing experiments to see something. We can't tell you what it is." He said, stabbing another needle in my arm.

*blackness*

When I wake up, I had turned a sickly pale color.

My arms, legs, face, and feet were pale.

All of a sudden I got so angry. Angry enough to kill someone.

But I remembered what HE said. "You can be anything you want. Except an animal. No one deserves hurt, but you can't hurt anyone." He said that to me when I was in a fight with a boy. He had thrown the first punch, and HE helped me up.

Why did they take him away?

Why couldn't it have been me?!?

I wish he were still here!

He was the only one who understood me!!

Why?!!?

I felt someone shaking me, then I woke up. It wasn't actually someone shaking me, but the table I was on.

"Oh good. You are awake. I was hoping you would be."

"What the hell do you want with me? Why the hell is this happening?!" I said out of pure rage.

"That's not a very nice thing to say." His 'Russian' accent didn't help the fact that I'm alone, in a confined dark space, with a bunch of sharp objects, pinned to a table, with only him in the room with me.

"Everything you say, everything you do, is recorded, so please. Don't do anything foolish, yes?"

I let out a quiver, as the only thing I was wearing was a dark red tank top and thin jeans, but the legs were ripped off.

He raised his hand toward my head, and I winced.

I heard an unformiliar sound of the buckle being loosened.

"What are you doing?"

This may not be the best place I had ever been, actually, it is the worst place I'd ever been, but it was still the only place I had.

The food was as plain and tasteless as cardboard, the water was as thick and disgusting as mud, but I haven't been anywhere but here in five years, thirteen hours, ten minutes, three seconds, four, five, six. . .

I didn't want to stay, but it was weird to finally go, if that was even what he was doing.

"I'm seeing what you will do if I unharness you." His rough hand scraped against my face and I flinched.

I felt the pressure pull off of my head, then chest, then legs, finally ankles.

He grabbed my arm, and I felt that his hand was warm and bony.

"Whatever you choose, will effect your l life forever." He warned.

I sat up, and I felt dizzy.

The last time I had done this, was when I was forced to lay here. That was two and a half years ago.

I stood up, tripping a couple times, and finally stumbling out the door.

He just sat on the table, like nothing was happening. I could faintly hear the alarm of an escaped prisoner.

I finally reached the door and pushed it open. The freezing cold breeze hit me like a punch to the face. I really didn't want to freeze, but I really didn't want to die here either.

I'm leaving.

And that's that.

I ran out onto the thin layer of snow and pushed against the wind.

As I saw them following me, I ran toward the woods so I could hide.

The pine needles pierced my feet and left a slight trail of blood.

I had somehow fallen asleep against a tree and fell into a snow drift.

When I woke up in the morning, I expected to be in the asylum, but no. I was in a cozy little hut. There was a small fire, a lamp, a bed, and I had a fur blanket on me.

I sat up and felt nauseous.

As I grabbed for my head, a girl walked into the hut, then a boy walked in and explained to her that he was helping me.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Author's Note:

Was it okay? I don't know! I can't tell! Leave in the comments if I should add more chapters!

:3 :P :3