Chapter 59: 8 Months

8 Months Later

Since the wedding, life has been well for our two favorite war heroes. Ben has been training ten force-sensitive children that have fallen into their care. The parents had found out about the Gray Jedi Temple through the rumors other Resistance members that began slowly began spreading shortly after the wedding. The children and their families stay together at the temple, unlike old times. Ben and Rey did this to encourage the bond between family members, knowing how important those bonds can turn out to be. Ben enjoyed training the young ones more than he originally thought he would. Worry filled him when he first began teaching since he didn't know if he would have the number of patients required for the job, that quickly changed though as the first couple weeks went by and his relationship with each student grew.

Ben had only taken over this duty of teaching the class in order to allow his poor wife some much deserved rest and was glad it was working out. Rey had grown too tired to keep up with the little younglings and their seemingly endless amount of energy. No one could blame her though. She had fallen pregnant again, not long after the wedding. Both Rey and Ben are excited to see their family grow once more. This pregnancy was harder on Rey both physically and mentally than the last one had. Now seven months into her pregnancy and Rey's body isn't adapting well. Rey is almost always ill and could only handle eating a handful of dishes that Ben gladly prepared for her. Her body hurts all the time and some of her joints are even swollen. The worst of it though was how dizzy she would get any time she stood up and tried to get anything done, causing her to spend most of her time in bed. Rey felt bad not being able to do her part most days as her body preferred to be a blob in bed.

All of this worried Ben more than he would let Rey on to believe. With each passing day, it seemed the worse off she became. It was not unusual to see Ben pacing down the halls of the Temple at night out of worry, knowing how out of character this was for her. Ben did everything he could to keep his worry under control, even taking time to talk to the other fellow parents about their experience, hoping it would help ease his worries with no luck. He just could not shake the feeling that something wasn't right about all of this. Ben ended up calling Finn and Poe to place a request for medical reinforcement. After hearing all of Ben's worries and concerns they immediately passed the information onto their medical team for advice on what to bring. The medical team did not want to take any chance of not having everything they would need and decided the best course of action would be to just come in on one of their medical frigates. Finn and Poe did everything they could to get underway as quickly as possible after sensing the worry in Ben's voice they knew their friends needed their support now more than ever.

Searching For Youजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें