Sleeping Beauty

Sleeping Beauty
Started: 01/17/2020
Finished: 01/17/2020
Language: English
For 20 points in a quiz in English 9.
My own idea.

Within the huge walls of our mansion hides a very dark secret. No one dares to step on our eerie home alone, despite its elegance. If we don't have power and money, this place would have been destroyed by the villagers living nearby.

As the only daughter of Don and Doña Ajero, I spend most of my time here alone. In our enormous living room, wide veranda, or wherever, you could see me sitting alone, looking at nowhere and laughing. That's what our maids are telling my parents everytime they come home.

I wonder why these maids are avoiding me, though. Am I weird? But there is no concrete proof that could support their testimony against me!

Only one maid comes near me when she has the chance. When my parents are not here, or when other maids are on their day off. Weird, but at least someone's by my side to accompany me.

Leilani would talk to me but she has something over her face. A towel, perhaps? She told me that it's a part of their tradition. She would lead me to the maids' room, particularly, to her own room.

I'm just partly bothered because her room is always locked, and my father would forbid me to come near it. But maybe because Leilani has a thing about her own privacy. I understand, though.

Then, when I'm in her room, I always feel sleepy. So Leilani would always offer her bed for me to nap on. She would sit beside me and hum a creepily familiar tune as she looks at me with reddish eyes and caresses my hair.

I would always wake up in my own room. Leilani is always nowhere to be found after my nap. Maybe she leaves for her night job. But she always come home at 3 o'clock in the morning and help me sleep again.

One afternoon while I'm having tea, Don Ajero, my dad, came barging to the veranda. His face was fuming mad and I can imagine smoke coming out from his nose. He was holding a rose. The rose from my room! Leilani gave me that rose.

I saw her standing at my father's back with the same glare. I wonder why my dad is not acknowledging her presence. He could and must, after all, feel her long nails dug into his arm.

"How many times should I tell you that you should not enter that room?" he yelled. Blood was already trickling down as Leilani slashed my dad's neck. His groan reminded me of the dark secret hidden in our mansion.

About a maiden slashed in her face while she was asleep. And that happened in Leilani's room. I grinnes widely as I realized that I was with Sleeping Beauty after all this time.

+

Note:

The Mystery of Sleeping Beauty, this piece's supposed title, was written by yours truly for a 20-item quiz. The plot is originally mine and the names Leilani and Ajero are derived from others. Leilani is from AGS#2 Ripped (jonaxx) while the surname Ajero is from SB19's Stell. I got 18/20 here, by the way. The original paper will be on the multimedia.

sienrei