"Are they really?" another voice spoke up, this time belonging to the oldest of the group. He looked probably in his sixties, with his hair a dark gray with white streaks. He had wrinkles as well, but he looked in tip-top shape still. He chuckled at her confused expression, "My apologies. My name is Kabu, the Motostoke Gym Leader. I have family in Johto, although I'm actually from Hoenn myself. I heard you mention both regions, so I was curious."

"Oh! Seriously, you're from across the pond, too?" Cassandra grinned, sitting up.

The older man laughed, "Yes! I was invited decades ago by the Galarian League. I was quite rebellious back then and thought it would be a grand thing to leave home instead of trying to become a Gym Leader there, so I came here. I still visit when I can since my brother lives there, and I have cousins in Johto."

"Oh, wow. Well, to answer your question: Yes, kimonos are still a big deal. The Kimono girls are always immensely popular. I don't know when you left, but Hoenn's been doing good. They survived the incident with the Legendary Pokemon well enough."

"Ah, yes, I was worried there for a while. My brother said the weather suddenly became erratic for some time and then it just suddenly stopped. It was the strangest thing. You say it was a Pokemon?"

She gestured, "I don't know all the specifics, but, yes, the two Pokemon from the legends in the area—do you know them?"

"I'm afraid not. I was never interested in those kinds of thing. I only ever had a mind for Pokemon battles."

"Ha! I see there's a theme going on; I'd say we're all pretty much like there here," she snickered.

"Hey! We got other hobbies," Raihan snorted, putting on a good pout.

Nessa raised a brow, "Clubs and tits don't count, 'Rai."

"Ouch. Well then neither does modeling."

"That totally counts."

"Not if being a fantastic lover doesn't."

Cassandra withheld her snicker as she met Kabu's gaze, "We can chat about home later, if you want? It's kinda nice meeting somehow here from across the pond, too!"

"Likewise. Oh, and I have not said so yet, but your aid in this time is most appreciated."

"Of course. Always happy to put a stop to some evil-doers plans."

"At this point, I'd almost say it's your hobby," Leon grinned, nudging her playfully.

"Pffft. More like my job, although the League doesn't pay me near enough for it," she grumbled, setting her elbow on the table to put her chin into her palm in mock-annoyance.  

"You have experience with this kind of thing then?" another Gym Leader piped up. She vaguely recalled his name was Gordia—the Chirchester Gym. If she remembered right, he'd taken over from his mother not long before she'd come to Galar. Last she'd heard, his mom was on some world tour to explore while she was "still young" or something? Whatever the case, that left Gordie as the representative of his gym.

Cassandra nodded, "Yeah, though usually whole organization and not two delusional nut jobs who somehow bribed the populace. They all follow similar patterns, though; like trying to use hostages—and for not taking us out when they could have. They're the showman type. They're trying to make a spectacle of it, but that works in our favor." 

"How so?" the white-haired man pressed, rubbing his chin thoughtfully.

"Like making enough mistakes for Sonia to find them—and give us time to make a move."