She sighed, "And you took a direct hit."

Zamazenta frowned, The dark energy is... difficult to counter. It defiles what we are.

"I'm not sure I understand," Leon frowned, too, reaching up to touch his legendary's snout gently. The Pokémon leaned into the touch.

We feel the rage it houses, the wild energy. It is difficult to explain.

We must stop those men at all costs, Zacian rumbled, looking to her new trainer, whom pulled out a full restore. I will heal fine.

"Just shut up and take it, you're not fine. And, I'm sorry I brought you out. I shouldn't have if it was going to do this to you."

I chose to fight, and you made good on your word. There is no fault in that.

"Still, drink the dang potion, you stubborn thing."

Tsk.

Zacian complied, though, and downed the fluid, which, she admitted--quietly--did help. The redhead chuckled, but then paused when she realized Raihan was staring. His confusion was almost comical.

"...Uh, so like... what?" he asked, gesturing to the four of them.

"Ah, they, uh... they talk. To us," Leon grinned sheepishly. "Just us. In our... heads?"

"Riiight. So. These assholes," the Gym Leader coughed and turned to their enemy trainers. With a jab, he bellowed, "Alright, you wankers, don't you even think about doing anything funny or Flygon is going to fry all your asses!"

The platoon members flinched and their Pokémon shied away as well if they didn't return to their balls already, which made it easier for the officers to do their work. It gave the three trainers the moment to finally return their own Pokémon and head off to the side. Unfortunately, it was not a happy reunion.

Raihan sighed, not bothering to hide his annoyance, "Bastards had a spy. We had everything ready to be protected. I was even here, ready to go... but the minute I left to check up on things, they attacked. Some bloody poor excuse of a man set off a bomb, killing most everyone in the lab, and took both Eternatus' ball and the device we use to control its energy releases. It was maybe ten minutes before you got here. We weren't expecting it. In fact, we thought things were all good, but...

He clenched his fists, looking ready to punch something, "They came in from the front door, too, and I was too late. They brought that platoon and it was just too many. I couldn't handle them."

"I got here around then, and things were a mess. They caused trouble in the city, too, which waylaid me and emergency crews," Leon added, grimacing.

"Dammit, if only we'd been here sooner. Maybe then..." Cassandra ground out.

"Well, no good pissin' over hindsight. We need to figure out what to do next. What's their plan?"

"Has to do with unleashing the energy, which is a lot of power... are they planning to mow down towns or something?" the purple-haired man shrugged.

Cassandra hummed, "They want to rule Galar, though, and show some 'truth'. I don't get it, though. What 'truth'?"

"It involves Zacian and Zamazenta, so the legend? The one we realized was wrong not that long ago?"

"Are they saying the new version is wrong then? But Sonia found all that evidence and Hop and Gloria used the legendaries to stop Eternatus before just like the legend said," Raihan guffawed, and Leon cursed.

"They still have them, too! If they force Gloria to use Eternatus for them--to make it listen without the device... and Hop... they're going to use him against her and me for sure now they know we have the two Pokémon."