"Not a bad idea. Although, the brothers are probably going to lay low until they can set off their plan in some grand way. They're too flashy not to. Too cocky."

He managed a chuckle, "Speaking from experience?"

"I mean, Rocket wasn't as... obnoxious. Still, I'm sorry, Leon. For what's happening. You shouldn't have to go through it. Not with your family and friends in danger. And... thank-you. For saving me," she smiled, squeezing  his hand, which still held hers.

"I'm only returning the favor. You saved me first, remember?"

"But you braved a blizzard to fly countless miles—oh wait, that was Charizard," she smirked, and he laughed again, but was cut off some by a choked sound.

"I wish you'd just be mad at me—for getting you involved. For getting you hurt."

She clicked her tongue, "I'd be wrong then. It was my decision. I chose to fight because I wanted to help. I was just dumb and let my guard down. I've, uh... never had anyone stab me before. Slash me. Whatever."

"Can't say I have either. Although, you sure? I kinda saw the other scars," he smirked back.

She raised a brow, "Peeked, huh?"

He blushed and she laughed for a moment before regaining her composure.

 "So. What's the plan?"

"We're figuring it out. You need to focus on getting better."

"You need help, though, and my team can give it. What's the plan?" she pressed, and when he began to protest, she glared a little, "What's. The. Plan."

He sighed, seeing it was pointless, "So far? Trying to find where they're keeping Hop and Gloria. We have a private investigator we can trust on it and Sonia's helping where she can by trying to track their phones."

"Any leads?"

"No, not yet."

"No connections to anyone?"

Leon frowned, thinking, "Well, they... mentioned Rose, but he's in prison."

"Might be worth checking out. He might talk to lessen his sentence," she replied. He made a look and she raised her brow, "What? I told you not my first go at this. Rocket's executives weren't easy to find. Giovanni was even harder, and Galactic was just as bad if not worse. And Plasma..."

Leon watched her carefully, her gaze falling.

"They... were bad. I don't think anyone turned." 

"...They were from Unova?" he asked carefully, to which she nodded. He hesitated before he spoke again, "Are... they why you failed before?"

Her eyes widened as she looked to him sharply, and he felt a pang in his chest. He had touched a raw nerve, and yet, he didn't want to pull back from it. Whatever had happened there was why she had risked her life and understood him so well, and he couldn't abate his need to know. Maybe then he could help her, too.

"...How much did I tell you?" she whispered, and he hated how pained she looked. She hadn't meant to tell him back at the cave. That hurt some, but he tried to understand.

"Not much. Just that you failed a friend there... but you didn't say what happened to them. You... couldn't."

"Oh."

He watched her closely, noting the sudden sorrow there, "... They died... didn't they?"

Again she looked to him sharply, then back away. Her lips pressed together firmly, and he was just relieved she hadn't torn her hand away from him in anger. It was truthfully just a guess, but he had hit the mark. No wonder it hurt so deep.