"He's got a pulled wing muscle, right where it attaches to his back. He won't be able to fly for while still, sorry... today would have been a good one for you to leave, I think."

His golden eyes fell, "Oh. I see... Sorry, bud. Looks like I got you hurt good, huh?"

"I don't know what happened, but that definitely wasn't your fault. Not unless you pulled the wing yourself."

"No—never. I just... I could have prevented it."

"Could you? Or do you just think you could?" she quipped back, brow raised. She waved a hand before he could answer, "Whatever the case, it's all hindsight, and you'd never do anything to hurt him, so it wasn't on you. I'm willing to have Arcanine take you close to the main path if the weather is better if you have Charizard's ball on you? It'd be about a day-long trip, maybe two if the trails aren't the best."

"No, don't worry about it. I'll wait. I left his ball on my belt back at my apartment with the others. I was just out walking him for fun."

"Then... um, well... I would suggest Corvi, but he evolved less than a year ago, so he's still too small. He honestly couldn't even qualify for taxi just yet. And speaking of them... they definitely don't come out here. I'd maybe call for a rescue, but my service has been terrible. I—oh, um... sorry I'm just giving you all bad news huh?"

"No, it's just the reality of things. I can't leave Charizard behind, and... it might be better to wait a few days."

Cassandra regarded him a moment, "You don't sound sure about that."

"I'm not," he sighed, gazing out at the scenery, "but... it's still better. I'll wait until Charizard heals."

"Well, you're more than welcome. There's a container of cocoa if you want to add hot water to the mug by the fire. 'Fraid I don't drink coffee."

He managed a laugh, "What are you? A serial killer?"

"I mean... I'm probably as crazy as one for living out here," she grinned back, and she noted his smile was actually a little sincere. Cassandra watched him turn and leave to get himself a cup and sighed softly. She wished she knew more of what was ailing him, then maybe she could be of more help. But he wanted to keep her in the dark—possibly to protect her from it, or maybe it was just too personal. It was hard to say, but she would do what she could.

Shuffling through her pouch, she held out a soft cube to the fire-type, "Here, eat this. It helps ease muscular pain."

Charizard rumbled as he leaned close, sniffed the chew, and then readily snarfed it down. He looked at her expectantly.

"Just one—that's all you can have for a day. The rest will be on you—and not using your wings. I know, I know—torture. But if you want to fly sooner rather than later, you have to do it."

The fire-type grumbled and snorted, but relented.

"The cocoa's good!" Leon called, coming up beside her, blanket held a bit tighter in one hand, the cup in the other, which he blew on gently.

"I only pick the best when I go camping for a long time," she beamed, head held high. "So... any plans today?"

"Enjoying a good cup of cocoa," he grinned back. "You?"

"Well, it never hurts to go fishing for some grub when the weather is like this. Otherwise... I guess my only option is to enjoy the company of an ex-Champion... with a nice bod."

Leon choked on the sip of cocoa he'd taken, precisely as she said the final words. It certainly wasn't timed. She certainly hadn't been watching, waiting, and it certainly wasn't worth it. Not one bit. She certainly wasn't grinning either.