Prolouge

A.N. Hey guys, this is my first fanfic. I love the idea of Phil, Melinda and Skye as a family, but there is just not enough fanfics about it so why not make one? Let me know what you think and enjoy! P.S. I know the mission in Bahrain happened in 2008, but lets just move it 5 years earlier so Skye can be older during the avengers.

Melinda May came back from Bahrain different, she lost a part of herself. She was going to get a divorce with Coulson, no, it wasn't because she didn't love him anymore, it was because she couldn't stand the feeling of someone so close to her, touching her hand. But then the two stupid pink line appeared on the pregnancy stick.

One year ago if someone told Melinda May that one day she would be sitting in the bathtub in the bathroom of her house, having her trainee helping her giving birth to her daughter while her husband and the director of SHIELD is fighting off a bunch of assailants trying to get to her, she would have glared at you and threatened to reassign you to work in Antarctica pulling night shifts, gaurding Blonksky's Cryo-cell (got the reference from " A different Start " by chloeyo on fanfiction.net).

" She's almost here, May " Maria told the soon-to-be mother, " Just one more push! "

Coulson and Nick finally came into the bathroom just in time to see the newborn baby girl come into the world as SHIELD reinforcements had arrived and helped fought off the assailants.

Phil Coulson and Melinda May were two of the best and well-trained agents in SHIELD, but no training in the world could have prepared them for the challenge they are going to face.

All the sufferings in the mornings and all the pain Melinda went through during her birth was gone as soon she held her baby girl in her arms for the first time.

Melinda " The Cavalry " May was never one to show emotions, she was the badass SHIELD agent who could take down ten trained agents with one hand behind her back. However, when she looked down at her daughter's big chestnut brown eyes, she let a few tears roll down her face.

" What's her name? " Fury asked as soon as he rushed into the bathroom with the medic and saw his god-daughter.

Phil and Melinda looked at the director of SHIELD and then looked back at their daughter and said together, " Skylar Lian May-Coulson "

After passing her daughter to her husband next to her, she looked at Maria and said seriously, " Maria, as you know besides Nick, Natasha and Clint, you are one of the people closest to us, " then she looked in Phil's teary blue eyes as if asking him to continue, so he said, " we would be honored if you could become Skye's god-sister. "

Looking back at her mentor (though Coulson was not her SO, he was mostly there when May was training her or when they were out on a mission), Maria can feel a few tears threatening to fall. Not trusting her own words right now, she immediately nodded.

As May was being transferred on to the gurney, she looked down at their little miracle, both thinking the same thing, that from now on their lives will be one hell of a ride, especially if Natasha and Clint are her Aunt and Uncle.

A.N. This is just the first chapter, I promise that the chapters from now on will be a lot more longer. Sorry if there is any misspellings and grammar correction. Hope you guys like it!